Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jr hoffman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Wiring new home t/stat
    I'm replacing my home thermostat.old t/stat are coded with numbers for wire hookup.old t/stat is a white rodgers 125-202.new t/stat is coded with letters... how do I hookup new t/stat?? any help is appreciated... thank you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Go to the furnace, and see how it is labeled. If it has the same letters as the new stat, follow them. If not, you may need to try to find directions for either the furnace or the old stat. Also see the sticky at the top of the forum. You may need to identify what each terminal at the furnace is for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring diagram or schematic for a 220V electric water heater thermostat?

Wiring a new home [ 1 Answers ]

How many watts can you put on a 20 amp breaker?

Amana vs honeywell stat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

My system consists of a heatpump(amana ) / air /gas furnace. I'm presently using an amana stat (T874tg189910574101 ) and plan on changing to a Honeywell 7400 5-1-1. The amana stat uses terminals: e jumpered to w2 with tan wire , g , c / x , r , y , and o. The honeywell diagram only shows 5 wires...

Thermo stat wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

My LUX thermostat and wiring has a red wire and a white wire. My HEIL furnace is labeled R G W Y G. Does the red go to R & white to W? I'm not sure and don't want to cause any damage! Thanks for any help!

View more questions Search