Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickn210210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 10:26 AM
    My unit is 7 year old and its train , problem is cond fan is running, and calling for
    My unit is 7 year old and its train , problem is cond fan is running, and calling for comp to start contacter is fully engauge, and have brand new capciter too.

Sucction pressure or return is very high, and dischsrge pressure is 0.

Help me to find a prob.

Thanks
    Nick
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Sounds like compressor isn`t working,,
    Kill the power get into the compressor ,check under small usually black cover the wires go into,see if any wires have burned in to
    Get back to us

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox ac unit on, but fan not running [ 9 Answers ]

We have a lennox ac unit less than 5 yrs old. The furnace will turn on, and it feels like cooler air coming out of the vents, but when you check actual unit outside, the fan is not running. The top gets very hot when its trying to run, and its making a humming noise, but no fan movement. Any ideas?

Outside AC Unit Making BUZZ Noise but Fan not running! [ 6 Answers ]

I noticed that my outside AC unit is making a buzzing noise and the fan is not running. Of course, this is also NOT making the home cooler. Currently, I am running the second AC unit for upstairs and using fans to survive. What can be this problem?

AC Unit Cooling Fan Not Running [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My son's HVAC unit is an older Carrier model and needs replaced, but he is trying to limp through this summer until he can afford to buy a new one. The problem is the cooling fan will not run in the outside unit. I took a look at it and the contactor is pulling in and the compressor is...

Air cond unit turns on on its own [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and recently I have been having trouble with my AC (LUX 511) unit. It turns on by itself even if its off according to the thermostat in the middle of the night. I replaced the batteries on the thermostat but that didn't do much. Should I replace the...

A/C unit fan stays running [ 2 Answers ]

The FAN on the air conditioner unit on top of my house stays running all the time. The unit cools when it is supposed to, however when it's reached the room's temp, and the house thermostat automatically shuts of the unit, the fan staysd on. It even stays on when the slide switch on the thermostat...

View more questions Search