Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tamilanksta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Problem with Multimedia Audio Controller
    This is my laptop so I have a wireless connection. But my other computer is a desktop and has no connection and I went to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties; hardware; and then I clicked on the Multimedia Audio Controller and the device's properties and it says:

Manufacturer: Realtek
    Device Status: The drivers for this device are not installed.
    (Code 28)

So then I tried to download the device online not knowing if it would help and so I downloaded, but it was an online installation so when I tried to transfer the download to my desktop with no connection it wouldn't work.. So I am wondering if you had any alternate links to offline installations or can help me in this situation.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2010, 09:49 AM

What model computer trying to find driver for?
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jul 17, 2010, 04:54 PM

Hi there

I take it that your multimedia card is on-board. If it is then you need to download the drivers from the maker’s website.
    Download a program called CPUZ here -> (CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting)
    Then run the program and click on “Mainboard”.
    There you will see information about your board. Look for “Manufacturer” & “Model”.

Now Google the manufacturer and go to they’re site. Click on (Support / Download / Drivers). Find you model and download the audio drivers. Burn it to a CD or store it on a flash disk.

It should be working now. Let me know :)

Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 AM

ASUSteK computer inc P45533MX

Jul 18, 2010, 06:45 AM

I need the link to the download so I can quickly download
    I have searched
    But I am not good with these things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Lost multimedia audio controller Hello, I've lost my multimedia audio controller adter [ 1 Answers ]

My mistake I uninstalled my multimedia audio controller driver.sound system of my system is not working.please help me.I don't know the brand of music system or mother board.

Another Multimedia Audio Controller Problem [ 8 Answers ]

I can't find the driver for my multimedia audio controller, and knowing my luck I probably posted this question under the wrong section. I've already gathered all the info for my motherboard and it's not much, but maybe someone could figure it out or tell me what info I need to gather. Thanks... ...

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I just reinstalled my windows xp and it says I don't have a multimedia controller. I have a windows xp media center edition version 202 service pack 2. if someone can answer me, that would be great

Multimedia audio controller [ 6 Answers ]

I erase my multimedia audio controller can you help me please:( .This is my computer system model.please help me because my family is mad at me because I'm the one who erase the multimedia audio controller.so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase:D . Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) ...

View more questions Search