Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockon1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Sell my property and hold part of the mortgage
    I am selling my bar and grill with living quarters. The buyer is asking me to hold 1/3rd of the mortgage. I understand I would receive interest on this. (advantage) I know there is a risk of default. (disadvantage) I would like to learn more about this overall situation. What are the legalities involved? What are the tax ramifications? (compared to selling outright. Capital gains. So on.) What happens if a bank owns 2/3 and I own 1/3 upon default? Also what else I need to know that I may not be aware of. Thank You

Check out some similar questions!

Once you sell a home of a deceased parent do you have to hold money in an account for [ 2 Answers ]

Once you sell estate of deceased parent and pay off all the debit, do you still have to hold money in an account for any period

Can I sell house hold items that where bought before we got married [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida, Husband is working & living in LA. I got laid off and can't find a job. He is refusing to pay any of the bills: vehicles, utilities credit cards, or give me any money to live on until I find a job. He has asked for a divorce twice in the last 2 months... and then changed his...

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer for a house that I own outright? [ 1 Answers ]

How ca I hold a mortgage for a buyer on a house I own outright?

Hold a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean to hold a mortgage for a buyer?

How would I hold mortgage on income property [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 2 family house.I have an interested buyer and would like to hold the mortgage.. Is this a good idea? I know that it would be set up with an attorney,but what stipulations should I have.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.