Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romunation Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2003, 12:29 AM
    Its over, but is it really over
    Well here's my situation.

Me and this girl have been in like for a while, months and we finally hookup. The relationship is Going PERFECT. There are issues but we always talk it out in a calmly manner and we go everything. Issues like no sex before marriage we discuss and all that good stuff. So we are in the relationship and I know for sure my feelings for her grow and grow everyday and vice versa.

However her parents do not know. When her parents found out about me, they disapporve and she breaks up with me. Her parents tells her that she should have come clean and told them about me and I'm a bad guy for making her compromise her integrety and her family.

Well we lied to them about me because we were waiting for grades to come out so she could prove she can handle a relationship plus maintain good grades. Her parents don't care and just the thought of lying makes it out of the question.

So she breaks up with me (on our 1 month anniversarry, sigh). Now my feeilngs for her linger on and on. It seems like she doesn't even care about me anymore and can handle the situation fine. I mean are things really over? I really hope things aren't over, it was a very serious relationship and the first time I ever felt this way about anyone. What should I do? Sometimes I want to tell her how much I feel and then sometimes I want to shut her out of my life so I can forget about her.

She says she was too immature for the relationship just because she lied and its proof that she can't handle a relationship. So now she says she doesn't stand around and mop or cry because nothing she/i do will chagne the situation so she is just focusing in her school work. It seems like all that we shared is down the drain so easily and she let go so easily. But while in the relatinoship she would always have these tears of joy and what not. Damm what should I do? By the way I'm only 18 she is 16.

Someone/anyone help me.
    olka Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2003, 05:26 PM
    Its over, but is it really over
    She is right about the fact that she is immature & can't handle a relationship. It would be a waste of time for any guy to try to have a relationship with her at this stage of her life.
    It would be better for you to look for a girl about your age & forget her. You have known her for only a month anyway. 8)
    1finediva Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2003, 10:10 AM
    Re: its over, but is it really over
    Personally I know where you coming from cause I too was in a similar situation so my advice to you would be to let her go because yes, she does seem immature BUT keep in mind that just because you two aren't together doesn't mean that you should run out, find someone else and forget about her... MAYBE you should concentrate on trying to be her friend. If she's not ready for a relationship with you then that means she's not ready for A RELATIONSHIP PERIOD. So go easy on her and take it slow be her friend so you two don't lose sight of each other and no one else can intervene then when she's ready she'll let you know! Good luck  :)
    sierra1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2003, 03:30 PM
    Re: its over, but is it really over
    Hello,
    This is the deal, I think that you shold tell her how you feel, (this way you have no "what if's if you know what I'm saying)
    Hang out for a while and get over this girl (you don't want to start a diff. realationship with someone else with this so new)
    Be her friend and all that, but don't make yourself at her beck and call, you will see the more time that you spend getting on with your life, the more she will understand what she is missing and you never know, maybe then she will call you up, and then the ball is back in your court. Chances are you will have seen what is out there and hey, maybe after that you will not want a realationship with this one... Godd Luck and be strong...
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 06:37 PM
    You should continue to be in like and be content. You will most likely be someone different when you are a few years older and so will she. It is possible the two of you will still be in touch and can develop a closer relationship in a few years. Patience will show you that it is the right relationship for you or that it is time to move on. An age difference of 2 years at 18 years old is a big difference. Much less so at 21 or 25.

It is a big world. Make it a point to travel. You will never know who you will meet! I could tell you a nice story of a girl I meet in Germany.. . Or Holland.. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search