Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 15, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Wind energy
    What I don't understand is this: Hydro works well for turbines and the latent energy of water is understood as a constant. How about wind? It seems to me if the air quality is perfect then the mill will turn without much assistance from an electric motor. Why can't we in the USA just buy power from Mexico? Do we already or does TXU come into play? Wind will help with complicating the day ahead market as its all so predictible! Lol. Honestly, how will somebody be able to predict an accurate load/ (savings)? Storage... that's not a huge problem, in my opinion. Use the wind as a supplement in the beginning. Then let India blackout not Mexico.

My other question is the following: If our Government wants to be free of the grid how come we aren't developing a whole house generator to run off dirt? Africa has had studies on dirt energy and it's the spot for the worlds largest underground uranium deposits just ask Angela ~* haha... Imagine every residence putting in a whole house generator that ran off dirt... The load reduction would be dramatic and the property taxes might increase... what do you think?
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2011, 01:58 PM
    The3 reason why the government has gone after wind power so much in the UK is because it has no chance of meeting demands therefore securing the present fuels i.e oil/gas etc, in fact the most logical source of energy available to us at the moment is hydrogen, they could easily(or so you'd think) design of a due fuel combustion engine for use in vehicles and industry , using petrol/diesel and water as long as both fuels are heated before being injected under high pressure into the cylinder together one slightly prior to the other, but wind turbines could be made much more efficient by attaching static charge collector for the rotors this would give much more energy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wind Loads on Beach Houses at wind speeds of 130mph [ 4 Answers ]

How to I find the wind load for speeds at 130 mph?

Convert 107 kph wind velocity to wind pressure [ 1 Answers ]

For design & construction of bridge

Project proposal on power electronic on wind energy utilisation [ 0 Answers ]

Project proposal on power electronic on wind energy utilisation. And explain how it work and what are the future scope

How does a windmill turn wind into raw energy? [ 1 Answers ]

If someone could help me... I was curious how a windmill turns wind into raw energy to power up anything? Any in sight on this subject would be greatly appreciated

You may select the calm wind runway when the wind velocity is [ 2 Answers ]

The calm wind runway when the wind velocity is

View more questions Search