Ask
    hatty14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Can I connect red light wire to spear blue wire to red of newfan light
    Just a quick question.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 06:04 AM

If that wire is a separate leg from switches, then you can have separate fan and light switches/wires.
    hatty14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    I don't no I just trying to change kitchen ligth when I removed old light I got 2blue,1brown & 1 yellow/green wire one of the blues wasn't conneced. My new fan light have 1blue, 1brown ,1 yelloe/green and a red wire can I connect red to spear blue
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 06:27 AM

I take it you are in Europe, no matter where, you need an extra wire for separate switching, the blue may be an extra Neutral, if not used, then it could be reidentified with tape and used, If I saw 2 blues in the States, I would think Travellers for 3 way switching, and maybe they decided not to use the second switch.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 01:19 PM

He could also be talking about wires inside the switch housing.

We need more info. Pictures would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

Light wiring blue wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wire leading to my outside flood lights. It has a red, yellow, green, white and blue wire. Where do each of these wires attach to on a switch that has a gold screw, black screw and green screw?

How do I connect a 4 wire dryer recp. Pass and semour red, white, black and ground. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a 4 wire dryer recp. Pass and semour red, white, black and ground.

Ceiling fan with no light fixture... do I just cap the red wire? [ 2 Answers ]

- hampton fan has green, black, blue, black and White wires - ceiling has no color, red, white, and black wires I undertand black to black, green to no color, white to white, do I connect the red to the blue or just cap them. The fan doesn't have a light fixture, but I'm not sure what to do...

View more questions Search