Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nic184 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 03:23 AM
    Is this sexual behavior or curiosity?
    My daughter 3, son 6, niece and nephew both 10 were playing together yesterday which is nothing unusual. When I took my daughter to the toilet I noticed a little scrape blood on her vagina. At first I thought I need to take her to hospital but it them became evident to be that someone had touched her. The 2 older children had disappeared by this stage and when I asked my son he said maybe he knocked her by accident but I had the feeling that he was lying or hiding something. After asking the other 2 kids it emerged that my son had put his hand across her private parts. I don't understand how she was bleeding, or why the older kids disappeared without telling me or anyone else. I have since asked my son why and he told me that a boy at school has been doing it to him. I truly can't make any sense out of this. I am ashamed to talk to anyone about it. Is it my adult mind over thinking into this? Please help I don't know what to do!!
    peachesndell3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 03:46 AM

No hunny I am a mother of 3 and I would definitely look into it ask your dauhter and go have her checked!! And as for your son get to the bottom of it it is your children by all means protect them call the police or whatever that is nt good that is how molestation happens take it from personal experience!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2010, 05:39 AM
    Based on what you said, the answer to the question posed in your subject is neither. This appears to be an imitation of behavior that he is being subjected to.

What you need to do is first explain to them both about inappropriate touching. You can find books in the library that can help you with what to say. Tell then that is anyone touches them inappropriately, they need to tell you immediately.

Then you need to go to the school and talk to the principal about this. The boy that has been touching your son may be a victim of abuse so you need to get to the bottom of this immediately.

Do NOT feel embarrassed to talk to them. However, don't talk to them as an irate parent either. Simply be a concerned parent that is looking to nip inappropriate behavior in the bud and one who is concerned both for the welfare of your child and other children.
    nic184 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 05:52 AM
    My daughter I much to young to explain what happened. I am beside myself with worry. I am scared if I take it to the doctor/ social services they will come down hard on my son or even take my daughter.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2010, 06:27 AM

How well do you know your doctor? If this is an isolated incident, there should be no reason for Soc Svces to be involved.

While I understand your daughter may be young to explain what happened, you should still talk to her. At 3 she can understand inappropriate touching.
    mommyhelp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 09:06 PM

As a mother of three, I would advise you to see your pediatrician and talk to him/her about your fears. Don't let this go. If she was 16 and got raped would you file a police report or just let it go? Protect your daughter, and she needs to grow up knowing that what happened to her was not her fault (or yours) that people or children can NOT get away with hurting her. This will instill more self respect in her and about her body and no-one has the right to hurt her like that and they need to be punished. That is the way of our society, don't let her grow up feeling helpless. This is serious and you need to take action. Good luck.

Aug 31, 2010, 09:08 PM

Your son may have been threatened to say nothing. Be aware of all possible factors.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 09:20 PM

Protect both your son and daughter.

It does not sound like your taking it series. The son said that this has been happening to him. Do you not want to find out what is going on and get to the bottom of who or what he is learning this from??
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Protect both your son and daughter.

It does not sound like your taking it series. The son said that this has been happening to him. Do you not want to find out what is going on and get to the bottom of who or what he is learning this from???????
    Take your daughter to see her doctor. Go to school and find out what is happening with your son. Do it today. You seen so calm about this. Go today!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 31, 2010, 09:56 PM

I agree with what everyone has said. You need to talk to your doctor. Maybe he can even get your son to show exactly how the other boy is touching him.

Have a sit-down with your son. Stay calm, and make it clear that you're not mad at him. If you come off sounding curious and eager, he might be more likely to talk to you. Once you have all, or most, of the details, explain to both of them what to do if someone touches them in a way they don't like. Use simple words and explanations, and keep your voice calm and level. You don't want to scare them into thinking it's something they need to hide.

If you DO find out there was more to what happened to your daughter than you were told, try NOT to take your anger out on your son. He's too young to really understand that it's wrong, without having it explained to him. It's also not sexual at that age. They don't even have the ability to sexualize anything for a few more years.

Aug 31, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Don't be scared about children services getting involved, they may be more help then you know, and welcome it for the sake of your kids. You did nothing wrong. However if you let it go you did something wrong there.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2010, 10:06 PM

I agree with ScottGem. Keep your head, but be alert and find out what's happening at school.

This might help.

The Advocacy Center: Inapropriate Touching Between Children

Sep 28, 2010, 06:42 PM

I really hope you have come across some resolution about what has happened to your children. I truly hope that you have gone to someone to talk to about this. I know if this was about my kids I would be all over the place to figure out what is happening. Don't just let this go PLEASE.
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Sep 29, 2010, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nic184 View Post
    At first I thought I need to take her to hospital but it them became evident to be that someone had touched her.
    Taking her to the hospital because someone touched her is actually a good thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divient Sexual Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Discovered 9 months ago that my husband has been leading a secret life, defined by counselors as divient. FOR FIVE years he has been having sex with many women, men and men dressed as women. He has HOSTED men seeking men sexual get togethers at hotels. All initially thought---he's sexually...

What is normal sexual behavior for a 3 ry old girl? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, My 3 yr old daughter has been putting toys in her underware quit a bit lately and Taking off her clothes and once she took off all her clothes when she got into bed, when I asked her why she is doing this she replyed Daddy Takes my underware off but when I say he does she says No....

Confusing sexual behavior [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for 4 years and we have 2 children, I'm sexually attracted to him and I love him. But when we have sex I don't have normal orgasm. It's like I get half an oragasm then I feel like just pushing him off me. Sometimes I cry even though I'm not physically hurt. It has...

Sexual/Sluggish behavior in kitten [ 11 Answers ]

My kitten has been in my possession for about a month now. The week I bought him from the pet store I had him checked for fleas and thoroughly examined by the vet. All signs were clear and he has had his first round of kitten vaccines and is due to have his second round October 12. He has been the...

Little Girl.Sexual behavior [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice on how to handle this. My Hubby and I bought a house this past February, my brother in law and his wife some how are living with us now:mad: (no comment)! They have two kids, a little boy(1) and a girl (5). We don't have any kids. So a week before the big move, my in laws found...

View more questions Search