Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buddyholmes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2003, 09:27 AM
    My girlfriend is suffering in School
    I'm 21, a premed senior in college. My girlfriend is a junior at the same school and wants to be a high school chem teacher. We've been together a year.

Lately she's been getting all C's and is very upset. Every time I speak to her she tells me her latest bad grade and how upset its making her. I know she is going through a very rough time, but I can't relate very well. I have a 3.8 GPA and have gotten all A's and only about 3 B's in courses throughout our whole time at college.

I love her but it has been hard to relate to her academically. We can't share in our joys of high grades and I don't have time to help her with her subjects (not that I want to, because helping her in the past has made me feel like her parent as opposed to her equal).

Any insight into our situation?
    olka Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2003, 11:52 AM
    My girlfriend is suffering in School
    You don't have to help her with her subjects. What you should do is to help her find out her problems in her studies & help her overcome these problems. Her problems may be due to poor understanding, poor memory, lack of concentration, insufficient reading, lack of interest, or something else. With your experience, I think you can teach her the right way to study. Give her some help, & she'll love you for it. 8)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Trade School [ 2 Answers ]

The media is full of advertisements for trade schools computers, motorcycle, etc. I have conducted extensive research and cannot find a clear conscience answer. Are the schools worth the money and expense? One of the motorcycle schools for example upon graduation offers an entire set of tools. ...

How to go to school in Paris [ 6 Answers ]

I really want to live in Paris, France... And I'm an america. I would do anything to live there, and I was wondering as a possibily to get there and stay, how could I get into a French college, like the Sorbonne. Can you tell me how to get in, the equivalency of our grades levels to there's, our...

Do you keep HM after school is over? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone keeps their Homework/Class work after the school semester is over? I do but not all of it.

About School [ 2 Answers ]

I happened to be very aggressive most of the time in school I mean just by someone looking at me it seeems to me like I got to do somethng about it because its going to hurt me and this has gotten me to be very popular in school with students and staff I mean students like me cause I won't beat up...

View more questions Search