Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maree77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 02:51 PM
    PA landlord security deposit?
    Hello,
    I have lived in an apartment community for over 4 years and have a security deposit of $1,200. Dollars that I have never received any notices about interest of if it was placed into an interest baring account, is it a law in PA that all security deposits must be deposited in interest baring accounts?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 04:48 AM

Hello m:

If you want to know where your deposit is and how much it is earning, write your landlord a certified letter, and ask him about it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord doesn't want to return my security deposit [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,I have a lease contract with 12 months term from November 1st, 2006 to October 31st,2007. I would like to leave this place and my landlord doesn't want to return my security deposit back. He said that the contract renews every next year itself and if I want my security back, have to leave on...

Can the landlord take my Security Deposit? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have been living in an apartment for the last 7 months and we recently purchased a home. The landlord agreed to let me out of my lease agreement as long as I found someone to rent the apartment. I placed an ad in the newspaper and I paid the rent for the last two months even though I didn't...

Landlord keeping way too much of security deposit. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, ill try to keep this brief. I live in nh. There was no final walk through with the landlords. I moved out aug. 31. I got the security deposit check on oct first. The envelope was postmarked on sep 30, so I think they just made it there. But here's another problem, out of $1,000, I...

Landlord Withholding Security Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord told me before I vacated his apartment to leave him with a self-addressed envelope, stamped so he can send me my security deposit. I have called and asked for my deposit and still have yet to receive it. A roommate of mine called to complain about the length of time it was taking to get...

View more questions Search