Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Lessons Learned
    On a happy note:

My Lady took our nephew to see the movie "Despicably Yours?", or something like that.

The first movie was sold out, so they went to McDs for lunch and then to a playroom at the mall.

In the playroom was a giant Octopus that the rug rats were climbing. Our nephew (5) ran around like a true ankle biter and when he got to the Octopus, he could not climb it. A new friend he had made (older and taller) kept showing Sean how to climb the Octopus.

Before they had to leave to catch the next show, Sean was climbing the Octopus as if it were designed for him alone. He was also helping anyone who could not climb the Octopus.

Lesson Learned: If someone helps you, help someone else. Wow I thought, why do children always have to remind us of stuff we already know.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 14, 2010, 01:23 PM

Very nice reminder of a childhood lesson Don. Yes, we do have a tendency to forget to be helpful to others as we age.

BTW, the movie is "Despicable Me." I hope Sean enjoyed the movie. Sounds like a sweet boy.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 02:14 PM

donf your story reminds me of when my youngest daughter would sit in her buggy and smile and wave to everyone as I pushed her around the town.

Another lesson from children,an honest smile makes everyone feel good.

Another memory of when the kids were small,is the amazed look they had at nature... grass,butterflys,lady birds,it was wonder and true appreciation in all its glory at this wonderful planet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What have you learned? [ 13 Answers ]

I guess this is more of a personal question for everybody, but what was the most significant thing that you learned from a past relationship that has helped you mature? I'm just curious to see what others have to say. I'll start off: During a recent break-up (a pretty nasty one) I had developed...

What Have You learned? [ 17 Answers ]

So...you just broke up...did you learn something from it? - Unrealistic expectations set you up for failure and do nothing but disappoint you. - Sometimes the argument isn't really what you are yelling about... but something deeper. - Yelling never solves anything... but taking time to...

Things I've learned [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: Yes, I love dispensing all my hard earned info, but I'm here to learn too. You? What have you learned? I'll start: Canadians are all shoplifters. Ok, OK, that's not so... But, something's funny up there... What quirks of humanity have you picked up here? excon

Lesson learned [ 3 Answers ]

Many of you that ever read my posts know I used to work with the Justice Dept in a position that was classified Law Enforcement, and work for years within the State of GA as a POST cetified law enforcement officer. Well I had never in all my years ever actually used my own "mace" pepper spray. ...

View more questions Search