Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Driver's license issuance
    How many driver's license numbers are typically issued to one person?

Is it reasonable to question a person's legal presence if they have more than one DL number and the birth year on the DLs are not consistent?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 02:14 PM

There is only one per person. That requirement would be dictated by local law. The only other time that "other" numbers can exist is for law enforcement. Many states hold the rights you a drivers license for a lifetime even if you move and cancel them. The reason being is that if you owe child support they can still suspend it and your current issuing state will see a "problem" because of the national database. So you may not be able to renew until the issue is cleared.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 02:22 PM

... if the person's birth year is different, yeah, I'd be a little suspicious about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    There is only one per person. That requirement would be dictated by local law. The only other time that "other" numbers can exist is for law enforcement. Many states hold the rights you a drivers license for a lifetime even if you move and cancel them. The reason being is that if you owe child support they can still suspend it and your current issueing state will see a "problem" because of the national database. So you may not be able to renew until the issue is cleared.
    That exactly what I thought. This person has two numbers issued to them in one state - and their birth year is not the same on the two numbers.

Something fishy is going on, wouldn't you say? Especially considering that said state changed their laws in the past few years - they now require proof of legal presence in order to obtain a license, whereas previously it was not required.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    That exactly what I thought. This person has two numbers issued to them in one state - and their birth year is not the same on the two numbers.

Something fishy is going on, wouldn't you say? Especially considering that said state changed their laws in the past few years - they now require proof of legal presence in order to obtain a license, whereas previously it was not required.
    Its illegal to carry 2 in any state or from multiple states. That used to be an old truckers game. Get one in every state you visit and you can keep getting tickets and if suspended you have more to fall back on.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 02:43 PM

I guess the real "flag" for me was the differing birth years. Maybe the old one did expire and they got a new one, but the year should have been the same.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2010, 01:30 PM

Even if the old one expired the years would have matched. How they got ahold of 2 d/l's from one state is very suspicious. A person is allowed ONE DL period regardless of what state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver's License? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 16 and My b-day was during September and now its April and I still haven't gotten my license! Almost everyone in my grade has it and I'm sick of people saying that its amazing. I really want to know if the drivers test is hard? What should I really work on? Please HELP:confused: :confused: :o...

Driver's License [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My name is Sylvester I am from Chicago, a new comer to Atlanta Georgia I need a drivers license in Georgia, my license was suspended in Chicago Illinois.

How to get driver's license [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a canadian citizen living in the states. How can I get a driver's license when I don't have a social security card?

Driver's License Check [ 4 Answers ]

Just received this e-mail from a friend. Might want to pass it on. This is really upsetting, thought I should pass it along. Check your Drivers License... Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, Including your own! I just searched for mine and there it Was... picture and...

View more questions Search