Ask
    vishuarora Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Who discovered lightning and how
    Just a quick question.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 08:30 AM

Lightning is a natural phenomenon that has been around since long before man's existence , so no one "discovered" lightning, any more than anyone discovered trees. However, the discovery that lightning is electrical in nature is credited to Benjamin Franklin and his famous kite experiments of 1752. See: Benjamin Franklin and Electricity

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HJow Can I Get Discovered? [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Taylor and I live in a smalll town, Horseheads,I LOVE to sing and I am told by people I don't even know that I am a good singer, well, must not be that good, I got cut from my play but whatever! I'm 11 and I'm DESPERATE! I want people to know me.:D Please help me Find a way to get...

Who discovered corpuscles [ 2 Answers ]

In physics

Who discovered cheese? [ 2 Answers ]

This may not be the right forum for this question, but here goes. As a cheese lover, I would like to know where, who and when was cheese first utilized as a food for human consumption. Thanks.

How do I get discovered? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I think that I am a great singer, and people will out of the blue tell me that I'm great. I mean before, I was surprised, but then I started going to solo contest for my school and got firsts every time. How do I get discovered?? Does anyone know? If so please, please, please tell me.

View more questions Search