Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 03:55 AM
    My girlfreind wants to have a break but cant stay away?
    Hi all
    I am 30 years old and my girlfriend is 21. We have been together for 6 months now.we haven't gotten to meet each others family yet.
    I have a 7 year old boy which I have for 1 week every fortnight.me and my girlfriend are just alike.
    We would rather stay home and watch a movie than go clubbing etc.we are extremely similar in just about everything.we work tin the same place so have lunch everyday.she is the best.
    Now the problem!
    Last month she went on a holiday for a month to Lebanon which she had booked before she even met me.
    We were sad when she left and she didn't want to go!I told her she should go and experience a different place and that it was all paid for.she stayed with close family the whole time.all was fine she called me everyday we video chat and all seemed great.then the last week of the holiday we had a small argument, she seemed angry at something and she told me she needed a break.so we didn't speak for a couple of days.she came back all depressed and stuff.she wants to live the life she had on holiday.now she says she can't handle my past?? (my kid) and that her parents prob wouldn't accept me and doesn't want to cause any dramas for them.. yet everyday she calls and comes over and we still do the same stuff as normal but when she goes home I get messages that we can't do this anymore.yet the next day the same thing happens again.she comes over and always the first to kiss or hug then we lose all control.seems like she can't stay away.
    What do I do??
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 04:39 AM

You stop the cycle, explain to her she can't have it both ways. It's either all or nothing and go from there
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 14, 2010, 05:16 AM

Next time she's due over lock the door so she cannot get in, she will then have to ring the bell, when she does don't open the door just call through the letter box, sorry you're not coming in, and this applies from now onwards.

Tell her you're sick of her abusing you once she's back at home in the evenings.

I think this just might make her re think he actions and abusive nature towards you. Try it.

Or be her battering ram from now onwards its up to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 02:25 PM

I think I would have told her it was a nice ride but its over, after the first time, and told her not to come back with that crap.

I think you have gone beyond the initial honeymoon period, and are seeing her true nature. She ain't the homebody type you thought, and it wasn't the vacation to Lebanon that changed her.
    BrianaNJavi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Tell her she needs to give herself time to think and that it's not like anything is set in stone yet. Give her a few days or so to think about what she really wants. She needs to think and if you two break up you need to keep yourself calm and not think about her memories won't hurt you if you don't let them you can look at it two ways I lost her and I miss her or it's in the past it didn't work out for a reason. Don't sit around and sulk. Focus on something else. Even if you have to cry at night to let that pain out it's better than letting it build up until it explodes and you become an emotional mess.
    Hope this helps you and
    <God3 bless you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfreind wants to have a break ! [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend wants to have a break in our relationship because she thinks she is treating me unfairly an everything and she also thinks she is messed up from her childhood and is using that as an excuse. Should I respect her to her decision or try my best to keep her? Thank you for helping.

Girlfreind wants a break. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to achieve a lot of information as I've seen already there are some very good answers, anyway straight to topic. My girlfriend, 4 months today rang me last night to tell me that she needed a break, I let her have it and told her that it wasn't a worry. She...

Girlfreind wants to break up? [ 2 Answers ]

What are signs that your girlfreind wants to break up with you?? I really need help on this one!!

How do I get my girlfreind back when she says she wants a break? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfreind back when she says she wants a break?

Girlfreind wants a break [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend (28)and I (28) had been dating for about 1 1/2 years when she mentioned taking a break(this was 6 months ago). My instant reaction was that there was somebody else or that she wanted to be w/somebody else. When I told her that if we took a break that it would be over and I would move...

View more questions Search