Quote Originally Posted by otis209
    what is ddr ram?
    I'm not a RAM expert, but Wikipedia does a pretty good job of telling you
    Here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR_SDRAM

It's pretty elaborate. Enjoy!
    Zemuss Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2011, 07:37 AM
    DDR stands for double data rate, there is also ddr2 and ddr3 which are the newer versions which are much faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ram [ 2 Answers ]

I am intending to buy an Intel 915G Mother Board. I already have an old 512MB 266MHz DDR RAM and I have recently bought a new 512MB 400MHz DDR RAM. Can I install and use both the RAMs together in the Mother Board?

Ram [ 3 Answers ]

how would I know what kind of ram to buy how can I find that out I don't know what ddr is or other things about ram I should buy I ask this because I don't want to waste money on something that isent compatible or not work because I'm going to buy some ram used its 2x512 sticks this is what the ad...

Help regarding my SD RAM! [ 11 Answers ]

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, Well guys! A little problem with my PC.. Well, I just bought a 512 SDRAM and after connecting it to my MOTHERBOARD it detected as 256 MB.. :eek: Sick man! :( Some problem with the motherboard or compatibility.. WIll it resolve out if I update the BIOS? Kindly...

Ram [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I would like to increase the RAM of my computer from the current 64MB to 256 MB. Is it possible? I am not a computer whiz. so I have no idea about the inside of computers much. But the technician told me since there were no slots available, he will remove the 64MB RAM and put 128MB in its...

Ram [ 4 Answers ]

I have an ibm aptiva 486dx2 which I am upgrading. I have added a faster cd drive and a 3 gig hard drive. I now want to put a win 98 operating system on to it, and get the message that I need at least 16 mb ram it presently has 8mb. I have bought 2 x 16 mb of edo ram chips but when I put them in I...

View more questions Search