Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nova0525 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Foundation problems or settling?
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with cracks appearing in the walls of my house.
    I have lived here for about two years, and when we first moved in there were no cracks in the walls. Now there are a lot. Most walls are plaster, and the house was built in 1927. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Only way to tell what's happening is to look at the job, I don't think anyone could honestly answer there's to many variables

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving foundation [ 3 Answers ]

Our house was built in 1977, we are the only owners. Our basement/foundations has cracks on all the walls along the cinderblock foundation. We are waiting for an engineer to access the cost of shoring up the walls. Would this be covered by home owners or is the foundation covered under a warranty...

So much water under my foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I broke the foundation in my basement I must tell you that my basement is underground I want to build another bathroom. I found lots of water under the foundation. I pump the water out enough to see my drain I then take out more rock and water seems to be filling up as I dig how do I take care of...

Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Can someone tell me what is rubber flashing material. That I put against my brick foundation Thanks

Foundation question [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the middle of having a house built with a poured concrete foundation. I have paid for two 30 50 windows in the basement to meet code if I ever wanted to place a bedroom in the basement. The other day my builder told me that the person who poured the basement made a mistake and I now have...

Settling an argument. [ 3 Answers ]

Had a somewhat heated discussion about the side effects of a plumber using muratic acid to clean a drainage pipe (clogged by washer discharge, mostly). I maintain that this is tempting to use but could cause damage to the pipes leading to some fairly serious repair work. Do plumbers actually resort...

View more questions Search