Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marinerguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 12:27 AM
    I just got a new computer which had Windows 7.How can I retrieve my bookmarks?
    After setting up my new computer and re-installing Mozilla Firefox, I found that I no longer had my bookmarks. Any way to retrieve them?
    dandemeyere Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Do you still have your old computer set-up and working? If you do, go to that computer and open up Firefox on that computer. Click 'Bookmarks' on the toolbar and select 'Organize Bookmarks'. Once the new window opens, you'll see some little icons with drop-down menus in the bookmark organizer. Click on the far right drop-down icon and select 'Backup... '. Choose a destination for your back-up bookmarks file. Once it's done, copy this file onto a flash stick or email it to yourself. Then go to your new computer, copy that back-up file to your hard drive and fire up Firefox on your new computer. Once Firefox is running, select 'File' and then select 'Import'. Once you select the backup file, Firefox will import the bookmarks for you.
    dandemeyere Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Do you still have your old computer set-up and working? If you do, go to that computer and open up Firefox on that computer. Click 'Bookmarks' on the toolbar and select 'Organize Bookmarks'. Once the new window opens, you'll see some little icons with drop-down menus in the bookmark organizer. Click on the far right drop-down icon and select 'Backup... '. Choose a destination for your back-up bookmarks file. Once it's done, copy this file onto a flash stick or email it to yourself. Then go to your new computer, copy that back-up file to your hard drive and fire up Firefox on your new computer. Once Firefox is running, select 'File' and then select 'Import'. Once you select the backup file, Firefox will import the bookmarks for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I retrieve deleted browser history from my computer? [ 3 Answers ]

I know my guy is up to NO GOOD! Please tell me how to find the history he has been deleting from the computer every time he uses it.

Retrieve computer serial number using actionscript in flash [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me the actionscript code in flash 5.0 to retrieve computer serial number or HDD serial number or any information which would be unique for a computer so that the flash exe file will run only on one computer.

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

How can I retrieve photos from a computer that no longer boots up? [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon... I'm reaching out to the computer savvy community to assist with a problem I have with an ACER desktop computer. When turning on the PC, it does not boot completely. The fan runs but the monitor remains black and the lights on the PC do not come on. I have since purchased...

My computer is empty on windows xp [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to "my computer" none of my disk drives, scanners, etc show up. What happened, and what can I do to fix it?

View more questions Search