Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onceuponadecember92 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2010, 11:04 PM
    Overattached boy... don't know what to do
    Ok so there is this guy that I met through mutual friends a little under a month ago- he is so sweet and says things to me that I could only dream a guy would tell me. Problem is that he has become way too overattached. I like him, but not nearly as much as he likes me. I haven't even known him a month, and he is in love with me. The things that he says to me pretty much scream that he is in love with me. And now that I've been talking to him every day, I feel as though I want to keep things on a really close friendship basis only, and have it stay that way. Problem is that he is expecting us at some point to go out, and I'm not so sure if that is ever going to happen with how things have been... what should I do to let him know how I feel without hurting him, as I want to keep him as a friend? Thanks! :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 07:32 AM

Tell him the truth. Be honest with him.

Do you really want to keep leading him on? How is that fair to either of you?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Be honest with him. Keep the conversations on a friendly basis, maybe don't talk to him every day. When he gears the conversation off in to a direction you feel uncomfortable about, tell him that you don't like him that way. Let him know where you stand.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:33 AM

Let him know what your feelings are and if he is cool with just being a friend, then great! But I doubt he settles for less than what he wants so understand that he may not want to just be friends, but you have to be honest, and just stick to your guns, whether he likes it or not.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 8, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Honesty is the best policy.. especially in this case.. no sense in beating around the bush and don't prolong it either you will only damage him further
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 10, 2010, 11:21 AM

The longer you wait to tell him you're not into what he is the harderm it'll be, and the more he's going to get hurt, I would tell him and then ease off a little bit more each day.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 06:48 AM

You really have to tell him how you feel. Just tell him that you're feeling smothered and want to take things super slow or break it off with him.

Relationships aren't fun when you have a "clinging vine" attached.
    aim5005 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 09:54 PM

Definitely be honest. He probably won't like the idea of being a friend for a while. So maybe let it cool off for a while then after some time has passed see if you guys can start a friendship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have two spirits in our house, a ten year old boy and someone else. The boy is sca [ 6 Answers ]

We have had a ten year old boy sprit in our house for many years. There is another spirit here as well. He is not so nice. He has tormented my son for many years. Apparently, the young boy is scarred of the other spirit. The boy will not speak to me. The boy lives in my sons room, so does the other...

Gay Boy in boy scouts [ 25 Answers ]

Im going to be an eagle scout in soon. Ive been in the scouting program for 10 years, nearly 11 years. My problem is, I'm gay. And I intend not to come out until I am an eagle scout. Is it possible for the boy scouts to take my eagle scout recognition? As I'm sure you know, boy scouts does not...

Boy In Love With A Boy [ 5 Answers ]

Hey Peoples!:D So I was reading a post from another guy about some boy troubles he was having, and like how he's totally crushed on this boy in his class. Anyway I'M IN THE SAME SITUTATION It's terrible This boy is just, Oof Wonderful. Hes tanned, slightly toned, SO HOT and has perfect...

Cartoon movie with a boy the goes through fables(tortoise and hare,boy cries wolf,etc [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out a cartoon movie(possible 80's) with a boy that goes through an adventure of fables, the boy who cried wolf, the tortoise and the hare, the ant and the grasshopper, etc.. The boy had brown hair and there was a donkey that ventured with him. Some part the wind and the sun try to...

Boy meets girl. Boy falls for her. Girl has boyfriend. Boy is lost. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all. Thanks for being here. I will try to explain my situation briefly. Hope you have the time to read and reply. I'm 23, virgin and never have kissed a girl. Been to worried about my professional life until now. Three months ago I've met a beautiful girl at university (project partner)...

View more questions Search