Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Boils & Weird red bump on my scalp
    Yesterday I noticed a painful red bump behind my knee. Then I noticed another one on my back this afternoon in school. And when I got home I was feeling my scalp and noticed a weird bump on my head. My dad looked at it and said it was weird and dark red. Is it something that I should worry about?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 05:00 PM
    How big are the bumps?

I really don't think this is any concern right now since they are so spread apart. But if it does not go away in a couple of days you should see your doctor.

Dec 15, 2006, 05:01 PM
    They arnt very big. But I can't see the one on ym head very well to tell.
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 05:05 PM
    Usually if it were something to be concerned about the bumps would all be right around the same place. Take chicken-pox for example: they usually have little bumps that are around the abdomen.

If they are not in the same general area then they should be nothing to worry about.

Dec 16, 2006, 06:57 AM
    I think its serious now. About 4 or 5 more bumps have popped up. They're itchy and get very sore when I scratch them. I also noticed a lump behind my neck, fairly big too.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 07:07 AM
    Hi Kashumz,
    Is the lump on your neck at the base of the skull or lower? The back of the knee could be indicatative of some sort of lymphatic activity, as could swelling at the base of the skull. You haven't started any new medications lately that you might be having an allergic reaction to have you?

Dec 16, 2006, 07:08 AM
    No.

And The lump is about halfway down the back of my neck.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:13 AM
    It's really hard to say what it could be. Are the lumps fairly uniform in size, and if so, could you tell how big? Are they fairly round, or irregularly shaped? If it is getting much worse since yesterday, you might want to have a doctor look at it just to be safe.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:15 AM
    It's round. I guess about a dime or nickel would be the size of it.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:24 AM
    If I had to venture a guess, I would say they could possibly be Hives. Other than that I'm kind of at a loss. I will try to find a good photo online for comparison.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Here is a decent photo:

http://health.allrefer.com/pictures-images/hives.html

Dec 16, 2006, 07:28 AM
    I was asking my friends about it and they said I might have mono.

I Don't WANT MONO.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:36 AM
    I'm not sure if it's mono, though I don't know a great deal about the illness in general myself. It is usually accompanied by an almost overwhelming sense of fatigue though, among other symptoms.

Here is a link for mono symptoms:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000591.htm

Dec 16, 2006, 07:37 AM
    That doesn't match what I have. :l

Dec 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
    If in fact they are Hives an antihistamine such as Benadryl would probably relieve much of the symptoms, though you'd definitely want to get a proper diagnosis first. Anything you might have been exposed too that is causing an allergic reaction?
    Hopefully J_9 will be around soon. See what she thinks.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:50 AM
    My mom has been using a different laundry detergent for a while, but I don't know if that's the cause.

Recently I started using a new body spray. I was thinking it might be the spray. The day after I had put it on the sores started showing up.

What worries me the most is the lump behind my neck. You don't think it's cancer do you? My dad says it might be a lipoma or a cyst. But I don't know.

Dec 16, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Is there an age limit to this site?

Normally you need to be 13 or older for forums.

And I'm only 12. :l

Dec 16, 2006, 08:14 AM
    It is very possible it could be the body spray. Possibly even the detergent. I have a twin sister who is very sensitive to all sorts of cosmetics. She has to be very careful in what makeup she uses.
    No, definitely not cancer.
    Nope, no age limit as far as I know. Everyone is welcome here. :) The rules are posted somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure where, there is probably a link somewhere on the homepage.

Dec 16, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Well. My dad is going to make an appointment for me on Monday when they doctor's is open. I'll see what they think.

I just hope it's not terminal or something.

And I hope I don't have to take big pills.

;-; hate pills.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Okay, did I read MONO? No, this is not mono as it would start in and around your neck and cause you to be tremendously tired. You would have a fever, sore throat, and be very tired. There are other symptoms, but they have to be diagnosed by a doctor through a blood test. So this does not sound like Mono at all.

It could be an allergic reaction but probably not to the laundry soap because then you would have a red rash wherever the clothes were touching you, and it would be terribly itchy.

I tend to lean toward the body spray if I were to venture a guess. I want to reassure you that I don't think it is cancer at all. I am happy to hear that you will be going to the doctor though, that will get it figured out better than we can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boils... Boils.. Boils... Help me please! [ 10 Answers ]

I have a very bad problem with boils... Right now I have about 4 to 5 on my body at this time... and I don't know what is causing them... lately I've been getting them around my bra line. And when they burst they are leaving gapping holes under my breast, on my back, on my sides and in my growing...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

Kind of red bump on my penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 years old, and I was wacking off a couple days ago, and felt this bump, it's like the color of my penis. I'm circumsized. I don't know if that makes a difference. What should I do? Could someone PLEASE give me some advice, I'm like freaking out here. I don't want to loose my dick.

View more questions Search