Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e8842 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Which travel Insurance are rated the best based on claims and customer service
    I am interested in using a travel insurance company to insure my cruise. I would like to know which travel insurers are rated the best for claims paying and customer service
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 09:45 AM

Have you read this? I always buy the protection through the travel agency/cruise line - Travel Insurance Review | Read reviews & articles before you buy

Jul 13, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Yes, I have read this before. It seems very biased to Squaremouth and Travelex. I would bet this is not an independent entity
    travelinsurance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 01:49 PM
    The largest travel insurance companies are; Travel Guard, Access America, and CSA. All of the major travel insurance companies will provide qualify claims service however, there are a couple of pitfalls to avoid;

1. understand the coverage and exclusions. Pay special attention to pre-existing medical conditions and if possible find a plan that will "waive" the exclusion.
    2. save all receipts and trip documents, especially those that describe the trip and cancellation penalties (will come in handy if there is a claim)
    3. if there is a claim follow the insurance company's directions fully and provide all of the information that they are requesting.
    4. copy all of your correspondence.

The two main complaints that consumers have when filing a travel insurance claim are caused by filing incomplete information or by a claim being caused by a pre-existing medical condition. If you avoid these than you should have a pleasant claim experience. Of course it's almost an oxymoron to claim filing an insurance claim as a pleasant experience but it should be quick and painless one.

Jul 14, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Thank you for your help.

E.H.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer service [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member. Wanted to ask has ny1 been to the face to face interview at next directory? What is it like? What role plays do they do?

Customer service [ 3 Answers ]

How can u be a very customer service representative? What are the FAQ ON customer service?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

When in customer service if a customer yells what do you do?

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

View more questions Search