Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IDuran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Where is the ER Payroll tax amount recorded? BS, or IS?
    Where would I record the employer payroll tax amount. The BS as a Liability, or IS as an expense?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 11:34 AM

It could be both statements. For sure payroll taxes are an expense ccount. If the tax is payable, which means that it has not been paid yet, then it would be on the balance sheet as well.
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jul 15, 2010, 04:32 PM

Right when you do payroll you are not actually paying the taxes at that time so the entry would be to:

Debt a Payroll Tax Expense account

Credit a Payroll Tax Liability Expense account

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to correct the recorded incorrect amount on the books [ 2 Answers ]

As recorded incorrectly in the books as $4,126. Which is mistakenly recorded instead of $4,216. How do correct this error in the Bank

Payroll and Payroll Tax Expense on an Income Statement [ 2 Answers ]

Is the payroll expense on the Income Statement the gross amount of payroll? What I have seen so far is that it is the gross amount and then the payroll taxes are also listed. Isn't it doubling the amount of expense for the payroll taxes? Thanks for your help!

Recorded amount of Payroll on an Income Statement. [ 1 Answers ]

Shoot I messed up my question. So I will ask again. Is the gross amount of payroll listed on the income statement? I am confused because that contains the employee withholding taxes and is paid by the employee and not the company. Please help. Thanks.

View more questions Search