Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuelluvsliz Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Damaged earlobe piercing
    :confused:I got my daughters ears pierced when she was about 3months. I was trying to take off one of her earrings and some how the top part came off and went through the hole. It took off some skin from inside the hole. She is 1 1/2 and the hole is okay but it still gets red where the hole is anytime I put in an earring so I know that it is not healed all the way. I went to the doc and she just told me the best thing was to let it close. Her other ear is fine so can someone tell me if there is something else I can try to see if the skin heals better inside? I have used peroxide per the doc but some people say that it irritates it more. Please advise!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 07:51 AM

I would follow the Doctor's instructions. Everyone always seems to have an opinion, not necessarily medically correct.

When I had this happen to me (my earring got caught on a comb - ouch!) I dipped the post on peroxide gel and then put the earring back in. It probably took a month or so before it didn't burn.

With your child so young I think I would do exactly what the Doctor said.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 07:53 AM

Definitely listen to the doctor. Let it all close up and heal. If you don't she may never have even earring holes.

She can always get earrings when she gets older.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of a Keloid from a piercing without taking the piercing out? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an idustrial piercing in my left year about a little more then a month ago. All of a sudden I saw this bump raising on the top whole. I found out online that it's a keloid but I'm not to sure if I'm supposed to take it out. Do these things just go away? Are they dangerous? And is there...

How much does it cost to get your earlobe pierced [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have ah question... I'm trying to get ah earlobe piercing next to the other wun I alreadi have... how much does it cost ? Thanks for reading & answering

I have a small lumb on my bottom right earlobe, what could this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed it about a week ago. It doesn't hurt unless I really squeeze it. I'm slightly worried it could be a tumor or skin cancer, but a tumor is more likely, I read the skin cancer usually only occurs on the main parts of skin. Is it likely it could be one of these? I'm 16 if this helps. Please...

Growth behind earlobe [ 2 Answers ]

Back in August of 2007 I took my 10 year old daughter to have her ears pierced. About 3 or 4 weeks after piercing she discovered a large scab that was developing behind her ear next to the hole that was pierced. It was gross looking. I mentioned to her about contacting the pediatrician but she...

Complications with Earlobe Piercing [ 11 Answers ]

I got my earlobe pierced to 14g almost 2 years ago at a professional piercer. He used a hypodermic needle straight out of it's packaging. As it was healing, I think it got infected a little bit so I used Neosporin to try and help it heal faster. I have since read that using oil based ointments can...

View more questions Search