Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shayshay211 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Industrial magnets?
    The people who lived here before us dumped a whole bunch of nails, and glass, and metal at the back of the property. We were unaware of this until we started tearing out trees to make way for a clearer horse pasture. Now the debris has been somewhat scattered around a certain area of the field. We can't bring our horses home until we get this taken care of. My question is does anybody know of a place where we can rent a fairly large and powerful magnet? Or a place we could buy one? What kind of magnet would work best in this situation? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 03:33 PM
    Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? They have a magnetic pickup that has wheels. It is a bar about 10" long. Check HD or Lowe's, they use them in the hardware dept. to pick up nails and might rent them. The glass is obviously non magnetic and you'll have to hand pick it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 05:08 PM

How about getting a metal detector.

If your having real issues like finding debris fields, you can have the area mapped with GPR (Ground penetrating Radar).

A magnet: http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp?pn=3071135

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Products containing magnets? [ 15 Answers ]

I have seen many products recently containing magnets. Mostly bedding and eye masks. Does having magnets underneath you while you sleep actually have any benefit? Or is it just a money making scheme? They are suppposed to give you a "better nights sleep" My partner had an eye mask with...

Cameras and magnets? [ 2 Answers ]

I got a magnetic snap shut case for my camera, and I am wondering if magnets are safe for cameras cause I heard somewhere that they aren't... my camera is a Samsung L100 does anyone know if its good to go?

Fun with Magnets [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Guys Does anyone know of a material that will insulate magnetic waves? For instance, if I have a magnet and a iron spoon, is there any known material that I can put in-between them as to not let the magnet attract the spoon? Any advise will be greatly appreciated! Shaun G

Bar magnets [ 1 Answers ]

If a bar magnet swings freely from its centre what will it do

Magnets [ 3 Answers ]

I have magnets to keep kitchen cabinets closed. Two of the magnets have gotten very weak. How is it possible to restore the power of the magnet? Thank you!

View more questions Search