Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momo2203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 01:46 PM
    Can I move to germany with my army husband if I am still on probation?
    I will be on supervised probation till oct. 2010 and he is deploying in April 2010. I have paid off all my fines, I just mail in a paper every month. Can I still get a passport and move there for three years? If I can't can he change his orders so that he can stay here until I'm off?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 03:04 PM

Not without the permission of your parole officer.

You can always get a passport - it's a federal form of ID.

I doubt very much that the Army will postpone your husband's tour until you get off probation. It's the Army, not the Boy Scouts.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 03:08 PM

Is he in Germany already? You said he is deploying there in April 2010. This is July.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 03:14 PM

Hello m:

Since this is NOT a what if, you need to provide certainty for your family. It's available. It's just not available here. First off, you need to speak with your PO about your proposed move. That's where it's available. He may LET you go. He may not. It's only a few months. I'd call him today

I agree with my friend, Judy. The army isn't going to accommodate you.

But, if he's being deployed in April... April already happened.

excon
    momo2203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Sorry.. I meant 2011.. and he requested to go to germany.. I'm on DA supervised and don't have a probation officer... thank u for your answers.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 03:35 PM

Hello again, m:

Are they just CALLING it supervised, or is there someone actually SUPERVISING you?? Something's funny here.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 03:40 PM

I'm still confused.

You will be on probation until when?

He will be deployed when?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 03:55 PM

No probation officer? The DA supervises? What?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 04:58 PM

You have a someone who is supervising your probation, you may not know who it is, but there is someone. The court, the person you mail to every month. But you can not go out of state without their permission in most cases, So you will have to get permission to move out of state,

And no the Army will not change his orders for this reason
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momo2203 View Post
    Sorry..I ment 2011..and he requested to go to germany..I'm on DA supervised and don't have a probation officer...thank u for your answers.
    So, you are on probation until 2011 or does he deploy in 2011? Which is it?

In any event chances are slim to none that you will have the Army accommodate you and your needs. Chances are better if you formally request to be terminated from probation early. Ask. Who knows, it may just happen. Your reason is you want to leave the country legally for 3 years and live in Germany with your husband. The sooner you ask, the sooner you'll get your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

US Army Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany on Facebook [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter was born in a US Army Base Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany in 1971. Her parents were both US Citizens with the father being a military serviceman (Navy). Does she still have dual citizenship almost 40 years later in both Germany and the USA?

I'm in Germany my Husband in the US he just calls me once a week. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello to everybody and already thank you for your help.. My Husband and me just got merried two weeks ago, I had to go back to Germany because I got to take care of some things, before I finally move over there. We bought a house together in the US and have a baby on the way.. everything was just...

Army Reserves and Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Can I join the Army Reserve if I am currently on probation?

View more questions Search