Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loisammons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
    Worm in trees
    There are cocoon worms in my evergreen trees ,inside the cocoon is a worm that will kill a big tree in a short time . What are their names and how do I get rid of them. Because they are getting on the bushes next to them. They have a long silk like string that they can hang like a spiter. Please help soon or all my trees will die.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 01:38 PM

They are called 'tent caterpillars' and can be devastating to any tree. We ued to get rid of them by burning them off one at a time. It took time but that way was the best. There are bug sprays you can buy now that may work as well. This website will help, I hope.

tent caterpillar control, Tent Caterpillar Control, TENT CATERPILLAR CONTROL, tent caterpillar control, Tent Caterpillar Control, TENT CATERPILLAR CONTROL, eastern tent caterpillar, Eastern Tent Caterpillar, EASTERN TENT CATERPILLAR
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 8, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Hi! loisammons, welcome to AMHD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by loisammons View Post
    their are cocoon worms in my evergreen trees ,inside the cocoon is a worm that will kill a big tree in a short time . what are their names and how do i get rid of them. because they are getting on the bushes next to them. they have a long silk like string that they can hang like a spiter. please help soon or all my trees will die.
    Would this be closer to your description?
    mobot.org/gardeninghelp/Bagworms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worm like things every where [ 3 Answers ]

I have thousands of black looking things with lots of legs. About an inch long. They are on the foundation of my house, in the driveway, and on my porches. They are lot more at night. I see them on top of each other now like they are mating.I live in Georgia. I sprayed sevin dust about a month...

How often to de-worm puppies? [ 2 Answers ]

I have never had puppies before so I'm unsure how often they can have pyrental. I have cats and I know all about them. Can a dose be given more than once a day or just 2,3,4, 6, 8 and 10 weeks? These puppies are 6 weeks old and I have given one dose.

Worm medication [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I recently purchased a puppy from a farm. Last night I noticed something white in his stool. My husband informed me that the dog had worms. I called my vet to try to ge the dog in there sooner because of the issue. The office is closed on the weekends. So I went out and bought Hartz...

Zhelatin.ch worm [ 6 Answers ]

I've done full system scan with AVG Anti-Spyware Microsoft Malware Finder AVG Anti-Virus, and Spybot and I get a clean bill of health from all of them, but a little freebie called Malware Sweeper finds Zhelatin.ch I tell it to delete and it says it did but it does not.

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

View more questions Search