Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:04 PM
    No audio after removing virus
    Can anyone help me with this? I posted a question earlier and following that advice, shut off my previous anti-virus program(Verizon Security Suite), downloaded and installed Avast! And removed the viruses shown there.

Now I have no audio on my computer; my guess is that somehow got damaged or removed when I cleaned. When I double-click on the tray icon for volume control, I get a pop-up window that says:
    "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, (instructions to Add Hardware). This window will now close."
    Is there a mixer/driver I can download easily to get it back to where it needs to be?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Both Dell and HP have drivers specific to their computer models. What brand is yours?
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Both Dell and HP have drivers specific to their computer models. What brand is yours?
    Dell Dimension DIR 2400
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Go here: Dell - Drivers and Downloads

Get the Service Tag from the sticker on your computer and plug it in. Go to the Audio section.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Go here: Dell - Drivers and Downloads

Get the Service Tag from the sticker on your computer and plug it in. Go to the Audio section.
    I did that and it's listing one driver and two patches/upgrades. Do I start with just the driver?
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Do I start with just the driver?
    Yes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 02:48 PM

I unzipped all the files, it said the InstallWizard was starting and then I get a pop-up that reads:
    "Windows Audio has been enabled! Restart your computer and run this installer again"

So I restarted... same thing... I'm ready to kick it LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1] [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me I need Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller

Audio project in school how car audio works [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I am doing a project in school I'm in grade 9 and need to know about car audio, it is worth 10% of my final mark. If anybody could please send me a link to a sdite with car audio on it I would be very greatfull. I would like to find out about hwo a subwoofer works, how an amp works, how a car...

View more questions Search