Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canamdan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Above ground pool over natural gas line
    Recommended depth for gas line is 18", i installed mine 26" to 28"... the gas line was installed by professionals. Now we want to add a above ground pool sitting on top.. would this be a problem?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:00 PM

Where is pipe from and to?

Will any of the earth have to be removed to level pool?

Are there any control valve in area where pool is going?

U should not have a problem if u have the 18'' of earth above pipe.

If something happens in the future, u may have to take pool down to do repair. This would not be caused to pool.

This is my opinion, good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Residential natural gas line pressure test [ 1 Answers ]

What would be a reasonable cost to have a residential gas system pressure tested downstream from the gas meter. There is a gas furnace, a gas water heater and a gas range on the system. The piping for residential pressure test shall stand a pressure of not less than three (3) pounds per square...

Running a natural gas line to the kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dying electric stove and want to replace it with gas... anyone know how difficult and/or expensive it is to run a gas line to the kitchen? We have a gas furnace and water heater in the garage, which adjoins the kitchen. Just starting to look at ballpark figures...

Evident air or gas buildup under above-ground pool cover [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago, when I closed my 15 x 30 above-ground pool, I did two things differently from last year: 1) Following the advice given by my local pool store, I dissolved the winter tabs in a bucket of hot water, dumped the contents in the pool, and filtered the pool. (Last year, I...

Natural gas line size [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing an electrical generator that runs on natural gas. The 100% load says it uses 560 ft3/ hr. if I run a line 200ft from where the meter is, what size pipe do I need? There is a 1 1/2" line 40 ft away running to a hvac unit. Can I tap off that?

Attaching Flex Natural Gas line. [ 2 Answers ]

I am attaching a new fex gas line to a new cook top. The new line comes with flare fittings that screw into the flex hose fitting. Should I use any sealant on the threads of the flare fitting. Thanks.

View more questions Search