Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpneeded2010 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Help with taking care of Mom
    I've been taking care of Mom for 10 years. She's had 2 strokes, A-fib and dementia. Amazingly, she still lives on her own, but I'm there every other day. She is very unhappy and just waiting to die. We've moved her 7 times. She's lived with us for 2 years, that didn't work. She's been in assisted living, and tried going to Seniors Group. She said they all too old and have nothing in common. I don't know what else to do with her. I have a sister and brother, but it's not convenient for them to have her for a while. I would like a break and also think it would be good for her. Money is also an issue. What I've learned from all of this is that I don't want to live to be in my 80's, I'd rather go young and avoid the boredom and sickness of old age.

Jul 12, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Taking care of mom
    How do I better handle her care and put up with her negative attitude?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 07:12 AM

Is she just elderly or does she have any conditons?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 07:14 AM

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I know it's hard.

If you give me your location I might be able to help.

Jul 12, 2010, 07:16 AM
    Florida
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpneeded2010 View Post
    Florida
    Thank you. Have you considered home health?

That would be a nurse who would come out daily/weekly, as needed, to make sure she is okay and all of her needs are met.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 07:31 AM

What stage dementia is she in?

I know it's a lot of questons but it would help if you knew.

Is she worse in the evening,around sun down?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going crazy taking care of mom [ 5 Answers ]

I'm ashmed to say it but I don't believe this is going to work. To top it off my 2 sisters tell me I asked for it and now I'mstuck with it. Let me go back a few years. I was about to re-marry after 15 years of being a bachelor. She died in a car accident. I was devistated. Lost my job,...

Taking care of.keloids? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I got my cartlige pierced two months ago. I got it pierced with a needle not a gun. Last month I noticed a small, grayish bump forming above the back entrance for my earing. Of course, me being me, I did not think anything of it. For about a week my mom kept saying "there is something wrong...

Taking care of Mom and getting paid [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I take care of her mother and have for the last 5 years. I work and my wife does the actual home care with no assistance from two of her 3 sisters. The youngest sister comes twice a year for two weeks to give us a break. None of the sisters, (other than the youngest has offered)...

Taking care of mom [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 15, and I have to take care of my mother. She's 58 years old, and I've basically been her pyschiatrist my whole life. Now that she's older, I have to be her nurse as well. She had a parcial knee replacement last year, and I took care of her and the household by myself. Now she has to get a...

Taking care of mold [ 2 Answers ]

Lastnight I just noticed mold growing on the windowsill in my bathroom. Its not very much but I'm not sure how to take care of it? I've never dealt with mold. Can some one help. Thanks

View more questions Search