Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvalcik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 10:26 AM
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500 HEAT PROBLEM
    I have read some previous posts and it seems there are similar problems. My truck only has luke warm heat. I flushed the cooling system, new thermostat, OEM 195 degree, flushed heater core many times, water free flows very strong through heater core. I too have a spot on my temperature knob that sticks a little. I opened the dash, took out the temperature control panel and the cable and gears all seem to work well. Hoses to and from heater core at the firewall are hot. If it is the "door" the temp. control knob controls, how and where do I get to it? Is there a vacuum control on this vehicle also? Where? Any help would be great, thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater runs with A/C [ 3 Answers ]

The A/C is blowing HOT air in my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup. The A/C compressor is running, the suction line cools and sweats, the charge and pressures look good. Our family business is mechanical contracting, so I had one of our A/C techs put a set of gauges on the system and he said everything...

1996 Dodge Ram Heating Problem. [ 15 Answers ]

Looking to buy a dodge ram 1500 pickup truck but there is a heating problem. IT HAS NO HEAT. Can anyone help me. The carlot says maybe just a thermostat, well how much work goes into changing a thermostat and what would it cost me to get this replaced? HAS ANYONE HAD ANY major problems with the...

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Super Sport Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Truck 5.9 Liter that has been running hot the past couple of weeks. There was a couple of times that I thought that the engine was going to over heat but never did. Some brown liquid was coming out of the radiator but I could not tell from where. Is this a common problem...

Dodge 2000 Ram 1500 [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the battery on the 2000 dodge ram 1500 and it won't start lights will not turn on radio doesn't work no electrical activity the battery is new. Its possible that the terminals were hooked up backwards(neg to pos--) is there some sort of fuse or relay,breaker etc that possibly tripped.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.