Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horse56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Alimony... Can I receive spousal support after being divorced since 1998?
    Just a quick question.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 12, 2010, 06:23 AM

Horse, what does your divorce decree state? If you have been divorced since 1998 and there was never any signed agreement between the two of you for you to receive spousal support from your ex, the answer is no.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:35 PM

I can think of absolutely no circumstance where a 12 year old divorce will be readdressed for any sort of support. If it was ordered and never paid, yes, but that is different. If it was never ordered, chances are your clock ran out before you left the courtroom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am divorced. Does my ex have a right to inheritance I receive after the divorce? [ 5 Answers ]

My father is about to pass away. I have been divorced for 2 years. Does my ex-wife have a right to the inheritance I am to receive when my father passes?

Spousal support [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married 8 years to a spouse who had etoh and psych issues that I was unaware of. She was short of PhD and I RN. I am working and she isn't now and just taking full advantage of my working . Her attorney is bleeding me dry It appears that the court doesn't want to hear the why's...

Support spousal [ 8 Answers ]

We were married 1 week short of 2 years when she moved out what is the time frame for support is it 50% of the length of marriage and is there a free site to access disomaster to figure support

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

I am in divorce now. No minor children, married for 25 years. Do I still have to pay spusal support and is DissoMaster the correct way for this purpose?

View more questions Search