Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    septemberlove Posts: 30, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2010, 03:38 PM
    What do you desire/expect from your child's teacher?
    I am a preschool teacher (ages 3 and 4) and am trying to revamp my units/themes and classroom order.

As a parent, what would you love to see from your child's preschool teacher in regards to classroom management, subjects discussed, and activities done?

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 07:07 PM
    Hi, septemberlove!

Is there already a curriculum that you're required to follow, please?

Thanks!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2010, 08:26 PM

I worked in pre school as an aide and a substitute. Most parents expect the children to do drawings. And projects such as learning to print their name on a small placard to place above their
    Coat space or on their cubbies.

Songs.. parents love it when their children sing the songs they learned. If you have a numbered round carpet which we always called story carpet let them memorize and recognize their number they sit on.

A good report about how good they were at breakfast or lunch is always good to hear. If you have center time it's a great time to work with each child individually on numbers or problems. The parents want to love the child's teacher and by teaching them well you will gain their respect.

We always had nutritious snacks they could have after nap time. Nothing sweet as you already know. Crackers and cheese or jello and graham crackers the cafeteria workers always made for us. I know you know all this.

I'll bet you're a great teacher. I miss it.
    septemberlove Posts: 30, Reputation: 11

Jul 12, 2010, 04:49 AM
    Comment on Clough's post
    We do have a curriculum to follow (as a guideline). It is called Wonder Filled Weekdays and is a faith based curriculum. For the fall my units are: All about me (my name, my body, my likes and dislikes, we are different but the same), My community (

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What sort of interview questions can I expect as a newly qualified primary teacher? [ 4 Answers ]

I am just starting and have not yet done a job interview for a primary teacher position. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible questions I should prepare or tips for the interview? Would really love some help as I am a total newbe here! Thanks!

No Desire [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I have pretty much given up on just about everything. I don't put effort into school anymore. I used to be almost 4.0 student but my grades have slipped way down and I'm worried about getting kicked out of college. I don't really know what exactly is causing all this. Recently I got engaged....

Desire or need! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! This can be a long story but I'll cut it short. I am a lesbian and I met a girl about a year ago at Gay Pride. Since that day we were spending all day together everyday and we loved every minute of it. In November I found a Personal AD she had placed on the Internet looking for a man....

Why no desire? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All I'm new to the boards and just wanted to talk a bit about my situation and get opinions... I'm 24 year old Female and I've never had any real interest in having sex. I get horny sometimes when I'm by myself and do masterbate - but I have very weak orgasms and I don't even masterbate...

View more questions Search