Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leighnva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Cartilage piercing Pain/ healing time
    I got my cartilage pierced 3 weeks ago. How long does it take for a cartilage piercing to heal and stop hurting?
    micki C.S 9798 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Usually it takes 8 to 10 months to heal, but you can change the earing after 6 weeks.
    kateCleveland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 10:43 PM
    For cartilage, it takes eight to twelve weeks to heal. Cartilage takes longer to heal because cartilage is a more sensitive spot. My advice would be NOT to touch and play with the piercing. Only touch it when you need to clean it. You can change the earring after twelve weeks. The bottle of ear piercing cleaner got said says eight to twelve weeks for healing. Try to avoid sleeping on the side you got pierced. I got my cartilage pierced at Claire's four weeks ago. I haven't slept on the side you got pierced. The hole is an open wound. Be patient, be consistent with aftercare and love your cartilage and treat it with respect.
    Kailey_Y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
    I did my piercing myself about 3 months ago and there is only pain when it gets hit. I've changed the earring once at 6 weeks with no problem. It will occasionally be slightly red for no apparent reason (without pain) and I've found it goes away in a few hours and is no big deal. I agree, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Also be aware that you can OVER clean your new piercing as well. I cleaned mine once in the morning and once at night for about two weeks then once a day. Now I just clean it after wearing a beanie or something like that where I feel it could get dirt in it. I've had friends that it took them 6 months to fully heal, some that took a year and some that never healed. It depends on your ear sensitivity so if you really want it be patient. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal to have intense pain after having a cartilage ear piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I Just Got My Ear Pierced 4 Days Ago. & There Is Swelling & Pain When Nothing is touching it, it is also red. I think A piece of my hair got stuck in the piercing, Any Thought on what I should Do??

Reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any kind of pain medication I can use to reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing? It hurts to sleep on, its like someone is slamming a hammer into my ear when I try to lay on it. I don't want to take it out, its not infected at all. It just hurts like crazy when I try to touch it. When...

When will cartilage piercing pain go away? Can I eventually sleep on my side? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi I recently have had my cartilage pierced on my right ear only and it does not hurt at all right now and most of the time it doesn't hurt at all but it is sore when I touch it and it is too painful to spin the studs so I just leave them alone and try to clean them as much as I can with the...

Abnormal pain from piercing cartilage? [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I got my second cartilage piercing three days ago, and doe some reason whenever I even lightly brush it, it's excruciatingly painful. A long time ago I decided to be stupid and try to pierce it myself with a safety pin, which failed terribly since I couldn't get the ring all the way through...

Healing time for belly piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm getting my belly pierced nexxt week and I been asking people how long it takes for it to heal so you can take out the belly ring that they pierce it with and some people are telling me to wait 4-6 months and some are telling me a month or 6 weeks... I hope that its 6 weeks because I don't want...

View more questions Search