Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123 help Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 08:43 AM
    3 days late & hoping
    Hi I have been trying to get pregnant for 6+months now and have Always had my period on time all of my life. Now I am three days late and I was positive my period was going to start since I have had minor cramps. My periods last 1-2 days and I have super minor cramps and I am always on time. I almost never have PMS. I know I am really lucky but sometimes I am afraid that because I have such a short cycle that my chances of getting pregnant are lower. I am also 35 and this will be my 1st child and I am very anxious. I have been having trouble getting comfortable sleeping but no other sysmtoms. I took an EPT when I was 1 day late and anoother one at 3 days late & both negative. Any advise would be welcomed. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Well, you are 35, that puts you in the possible perimenopausal stage. Perimenopause is a period of 4 - 6 years preceding menopause when the length of periods as well as amount of blood flow may be irregular.

Three days is really not considered late, even in fairly regular women. If you do not get your period in another week retake the hpt making sure you are using first morning urine and then make a doctor's appointment. If it comes up negative you should have your hormones checked. If it comes up positive then you need a prenatal screening.

I know this is not what you were hoping to hear, I wish I could give you better info, however, without a total history and physical exam this is the best I can do.

I hope you do get the results you want. It is possible. I had my youngest of four at age 38.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 days late [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am really really confused! I am 12 days late and I have taken a pregnancy test and it was negative! I have every symptom that I knew of for pregnancy and then I wrote down every single last thing that I was feeling like and I put them all in the computer and it said pregnancy! I have kept my...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

I am 7 days late [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is tara And I am upset because I am not streed And I am 7 days late for my p word And my last p word was on the 20 auges 2006 And my nippe end are going brown and I fell sick and sleepy all the time And my homoren are all other the place Please can you help me and I am...

17 days late [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost I know the advice always my doctor:) I am pretty late.. 17 days to be precise.. I had some light pink spotting.. barely enough for a tampon. I am a pill taker, BC. I would like a child, this one would be a miracle. But how do you know. All four urine test eight - twelvedays...

Three days late! [ 2 Answers ]

Well I just wanted to thank all of you for your support all the times I had questions. I took a hpt today and... positive... Yes! Chery I'm going to the dr. as soon as I can get in. (I just knew you would say something) I will keep you all posted. I hope that this isn't a false positive and I...

View more questions Search