Ask
    rockettl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 05:51 AM
    Can I overdose on flax oil
    Can I overdose on flax oil
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 05:53 AM

Why do you need to know? Is this something you are planning if it's possible?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2010, 06:49 AM

Flaxseed Oil Overdose

According to this article yes,and its quite dangerous.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 06:51 AM

Ummm, remember that some people try to OD on certain things that cannot be detected in the blood stream.

I wanted to hear the reasoning before I gave the advice.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2010, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ummm, remember that some people try to OD on certain things that cannot be detected in the blood stream.

I wanted to hear the reasoning before I gave the advice.
    I read the post as if it had all ready happened!

You have a good point though.

To the op,anything you ingest in a large quantity is not going to be good for you.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 06:59 AM

In my opinion, it's still better to find out the reasoning prior to actually answering.

Much like we do in Adult Sexuality with asking for the OP's age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liquid Protein,liquid flax oil, and prostate. [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken natural supplements for years. The store where I buy them has been in business for 60 years and the lady I ask for advice from has been there that long also, so I feel she is well versed in the products I buy. In a discussion a couple months ago she recommended I take Flax seed oil for...

Is linseed oil the same as flax seed oil [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Gentlemen. The question I am asking is this one: is linseed oil and Flax seed oil are the one and the same.. I have been researching and have found that both oils come from the dried seeds of the flax plant ( linum usitatissimum,Linaceae). My main reason I have asked this question...

How much flax seed meal is recommended? [ 3 Answers ]

How much flax seed meal is good for me? I have been using 2 tablespoons full per day on salads, soups, drinks, etc. but I think I remember reading of a study where the users used 3 rounded tablespoons full compared to those who didn't. Would three rounded tablespoons be better? I am 59, 185 lbs....

Flax Oil Advice [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is possible to take too much Flax Oil? I take 8 1,000mg capsules per day, and have never seen anything on whether you can overdose on this stuff, or if too much does damage. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Feeding ground flax seeds to my little dog.opinions? [ 11 Answers ]

I rescued a little dog (Pomeranian/Yorkshire Terrier mix) who has unfortunately has "eating disorders", but I have been working with her over the years, to find food that agrees with her - does not cause her digestive problems etc. As she sometimes has a hard stool, I have found that mixing just...

View more questions Search