Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Dec 15, 2006, 07:50 AM
    Computer beeps when turn...
    Hello every body, how are you guys doing. I am new here, so please forgive and forget my mistakes.

My question is that, when I boot up my PC, it beeps couple of times and shows nothing on monitor, infect monitor goes off after 2-3 seconds, I can hear the voice from the tower that it's running, fan is spinning. Could some one please tell me what kind of problems is that and how can I fix it.
    Appreciate you answers.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2006, 08:09 AM
    I had this problem with an old monitor... It kept turning off a few seconds after booting up... Don't know if that's the problem in your case but if you have another monitor hanging around you may want to try it (only had it happen with CRTs)
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Dec 15, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Howdy and welcome to AMHD:

A tab more clarification on the beep code would have been nice but AMI BIOS gives this info..

2 Short Beeps: Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard.

Murray
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Dec 18, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Thanks for replying capuchin, there is nothing wrong with the monitor. I have tried the different monitor, I think graphic card is loose (as said sesaskDFC), might need to tight the card a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on...

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

My computer doesn't start. It gives me 3 beeps. [ 2 Answers ]

When I switch on my computer, its starts but my monitor stays black and muy computer gives me 3 beeps and stays on but inactive. I don't know if the problem is the computer or the monitor (The monitor is on but with the orange light instead of the green light). Someone help me please? :(

View more questions Search