Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renemiller28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 09:34 PM
    In California can I change my sons last name to mine if the father is not on the BC
    My son is 3.5 yrs old and the father is in his life we actually have joint custody but he is a worthless father. In the state of California can I change my sons last name to mine without consent of the father is he is not on the birth certificate. When my son was born we were not married and he refused to go and sign the birth certificate.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2010, 05:13 AM

If the father is not on the birth certificate, then how does he have joint custody? To have joint custody means he has been determined by a court to be the legal father. As the legal father he would have to consent to any legal name change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my sons father wants to change my sons last name without my consent ? [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father want to change my son's last name to his. My son is 6 years old and his father has never been in his life till now. Is his father allwoed to change my son's last name without my consent?

Wanting to change sons last name father not on birth cert and not in sons life [ 10 Answers ]

I need help my son is almost 3 and his father will not sign the birth cert and will not pay child support and will not give up his rights I am a single mother who has kept myself off welfare because they will go after him and. I am not wanting anything from him, I am just wanting to take his last...

Changing sons last name to mine [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had a child and she wanted his last name to be her's, so it is. Now we want to change his last name to mine. How do I go about that? Do I need a lawyer to do this or a court order? I live in Las Vegas, NV if someone knows a lawyer.

How can I change my sons last name to mine? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son who will be 3 on the 24th... I have been with my wife for 4 years.. when we got together she was separated and had filed for divorce... her x lived in another state and did not visit... after several months she moved in with me and we planned to married after her divorce (shes my high...

View more questions Search