Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr1015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Framing a door opening with metal studs
    Hello all,

I am adding a guest bedroom and bath to our finished basement. I purchased 2 1/2 wide studs (as they were less expensive). However I don't know how to fram the door opening with this size stud.

Do I need to return the 2 1/2 and exchange or the normal size stud or is there another trick.

Thanks in advance

Don
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Don't quite understand the question, but you still need to attach some wood to the metal stud in order to attach your door frame/jambs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Wood Studs with Metal Studs [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of adding a guest room and bath in my basement. The currect wall studs are metal. I have never worked with metal stud before therefore I am wondering if I should continue with metal or can I use wood as well. The current studs look like they are 24 oc. I have to frame in a...

Placing insulation using metal studs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to attach insulation to the metal studs? There is got to be something better than tape, maybe a wire? Please help-=

Advice needed on framing - replace metal studs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for some advice regarding a "Yoga RopeWall" I am helping to construct for a friend's Yoga studio. A rope wall is basically a wall of 3/4" plywood with ropes hanging from it that are used for various Yoga poses. Originally, the wall was covered in mirror. When we took that down, we...

Wood or Metal framing for my basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am in the planning stages of finishing my basement. My question is whether I should use wood or metal for the stud walls. Everything I've read indicates that metal is much easier to work with and, while researching the price of lumber and the metal studs, I discovered that there...

Door opening in or out? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the middle of a room addition. The addition includes a new door that opens to the back yard. The plans which have been approved by the city show the door opening inwards to the inside. We wanted a French door but the contractor brought a solid door. Then they brought a metal French door...

View more questions Search