Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Jul 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Music will not play in WMP from WDMy book hard drive...
    I have a Western Digital My book 500GB hard drive that I store all my music and such on... Until today (as far as I know) I was able to play the music and such just fine in windows media player... But today am trying and it keeps saying that WMP cannot find the files, or that they have been moved or deleted... They haven't, and if I copy them to the desktop or wherever they play fine... Is this a problem with the drive, or the computer?

PS. The computer recognizes the hdd just fine. I can go into it and open other files fine, just the music will not play in WMP... ALSO, everything works fine in itunes... I don't much like the itunes interface, so I use WMP...
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Jul 17, 2010, 12:22 AM

Funny, I'm answering my own question... Turns out all I needed to do was restart the PC...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Storing Music on External Hard Drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, How do I store music on external hard drive from my computer? Thank You. Dinnymurf.

Want to be able to play DVD's in WMP 11 [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a little confused about this whole codec and decoder issue. I just want to be able to watch DVD's on my Windows Media Player 11. But I have Vista Basic x64 and it supposedly does not come with an MPEG-2 decoder. So I did some Google searching and was to Elecard Software. But I couldn't see...

Saving limewire music files to external hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... I know there has to be a way to do this. I have over 5,000 songs on Limewire, which is slowing down the computer considerably, and I need a way to save them to my computer permanently. I have no idea how to do this. I have tried several ways to save the music but as soon as I delete it...

Video will not play correctly on new hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just installed an internal 250gb additional hard drive to my Dell dimension 4600. I see the hard drive on windows explorer and all seems OK - except video (avi.) plays back in slow motion. I have updated all my drivers including BIOS but to no avail. I notice that the new hard drive is not...

View more questions Search