Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
    10 years crime
    My apt. Was broken into Ten years ago, my ex-boyfriend committed the theft. But I was arrested for the theft also
    Because a item that I had rented was stolen by him. I was with my family at the time that he was stealing the items including my driver's lic and S.S . Card.. He has a criminal records for thefts and stealing. I have no record.
    He has been using my I'd and social security card for the last ten years . Can I still be charged with this . Or can I take the info that I have on him to get myself cleared of the charges. Or can I get the case dropped on my side.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 02:10 PM

I have to question as to why, if you knew your ss# and drivers license was stolen l0 years ago, how have you managed in the last l0 years without that ID. You have been driving without your license because you let him get away it. Why ? How has he been using your ssi #?

Ten years is a long time to go after this crime now.

So you have some questions to answer because your story is not plausilble under the circumstances.

Ms tickle
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 02:55 PM

Assumeing you are a girl and boyfriend was a guy, not really hard to confuse the two of you.

Have you filed a police report for ID theft, what type of crimes is he doing using your name and ID, are their warrants out for you ?

Is he getting credit in your name.

Jul 10, 2010, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    assumeing you are a girl and boyfriend was a guy, not really hard to confuse the two of you.

Have you filed a police report for ID theft, what type of crimes is he doing using your name and ID, are their warrants out for you ?

Is he getting credit in your name.
    I went down to the police station to get the report but they could not find
    It on the computer. And yes I am a girl. I have gotten phone calls from
    Banks and credit card companies concerning a home loan and credit cards
    That he opened using my name and address.
    My credit score is down the drain right now.also mail from bill collectors
    For a hospital that I have never been to. And yes I had an arrest warrant
    In my name, but it took ten years cause the police wasn't, sure on the address where I was living, I have used the same address as a mailing address for over 30years .the home is owned by my parents and I have lived here for the past ten years.
    I have to get a public defender cause I have no income, and I don't know what to do. Need help!

Jul 10, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Charmgirl . I still have my lic. And original ss card. . He wrote down my lic. Number and my social security number.for more info on this look at my response under charm girl.

Jul 10, 2010, 11:36 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Sir, see my reply to your question under the answer from charmgirl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compare and contrast natural crime and legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

What are the major crimes in the FBI crime index?

1. Crime movie less than 15 years old; and 2. 90's negotiator/terrorist movie [ 3 Answers ]

1. I think this movie is at most 15 years old, and it’s a sort of crime movie. My key memory is that the killer in some way is the first person to photograph the dead victims (he’s a journalist or something). He enjoys taking pictures of the victims he just killed. 2. This one’s maybe a bit...

Can I buy a firearm if I was convicted of a crime 43 years ago? [ 4 Answers ]

In 1966 I was convicted in Wisconsin on 12 counts of burglary (breaking & entering) section 943.10. I don’t know if the section (943.10) I was convicted under was a felony at that time. The Sentence was withheld and I was placed on probation for 3yrs, it was discharged in 1970 after I completed my...

What is natural crime and legal crime [ 5 Answers ]

Natural crime and legal crime

Need definition of natural crime and legal crime [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing a college paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime and am searching for simple definitions or other research on these two types of crime and what falls under each. Thanks:)

View more questions Search