Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmlssl1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Can the d.a. take me to trial if the accuser refused to testify at both preliminarys
    I am accused of felony domestic violence. My wife took the fifth at the first preliminary. The d.a. dismissed and refiled the case and at the secound preliminary they tried to give her immunity and she refused and was held in contempt of court. My trial readyness is in a few days. There are no witnesses against me other than the police officers who took her report and the nine one one call.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2010, 02:59 PM

Yes, if she refuses, they may try to read her original statement into evidence, your attorney will have to object to it.

But with enough evidence from the scene and the officers statements, and the 911 call, they may still get a conviction, I have , when a police officer, got convictions on less

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to testify? [ 18 Answers ]

Hey, so here's the deal. Last year on April 7th there was an incident where someone I was acquainted with was involved in a murder case. He was on trial, turns out he was innocent. I had to testify because I was supposed to spend time with him that night but never did. I only knew him for about 2...

What The Song of Moses Testify Against [ 5 Answers ]

The Song of Moses Read the song that does testify against evil which God's children are to give ear to hear. Deuteronomy 32: 1 - 43 Know that victory is won by Our Lord the Lamb of God. And God's children will sing The Song of Moses concerning that victory when Christ returns. ...

Must wife testify? [ 3 Answers ]

If I was charged with a misdemeanor assault against my wife just before we were married and she does not want to pursue it, having immediately dropped the restraining order and informed the pros. She doesn't want to go forward, must she testify against me? She wasn't my wife at the time, but is...

Facing your accuser [ 6 Answers ]

If I am being sued for a debt on a credit card that I never had, do I have the right to require the plaintiff to face me in court during a status conference, so that I can demand a contract or other proof that they have authority to sue me, instead of appearing telephonically? My understanding is...

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

View more questions Search