Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinay_ghade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Why transformer sizing in KVA
    Why transformer sizing done in kVA not in kW?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2010, 08:00 PM

VA is reactive power and VA can also be instantaneous rating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

What capacity of KVA transformer need to working with 8 welding machines of 600 amps [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know what is the capacity of the electrical transformer that I need to put to work 8 semi automatic welding machines of 600 amps

10.7 kva [ 2 Answers ]

I bought an arc welder that runs on 110/220. The installation manual does not list the amps required for the circuit for the unit to work on 110 volts. The only thing is says is that the "rated input capacity" is 10.7 kva Can anyone help me on this one. I need to know if this unit can work...

Transformer sizing [ 2 Answers ]

How to I convert 1phase load into 3phase load while deciding the sizing(rating)of distribution transformer

Sizing the kva for TRANSFORMERS [ 2 Answers ]

What Would Be The Right Size Transformer. Power Coming In Would Be Single Phase 480 Output Is 120v , About 4.2a I Figure About 1kva Would Be Plenty

View more questions Search