Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shail_bade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Why objects appear near in sunglasses
    When I look down... objects appear nearer in sunglasses? Why?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 06:44 PM

Because MOST sunglasses don't have to pass optical quality standards and A LOT of those lenses are slightly distorted. Especially sunglasses with a lot of "wrap"... if they wrap around your head a bit and are curved around your face, this could be the issue.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 06:44 PM

P.S. Shail--I apologize it's taken me so long to get to your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was Roy Orbison wearing sunglasses because he was blind. Bionic Rooster [ 2 Answers ]

Why was Roy Orbison wearing sunglasses? Was it because he was blind. Bionic Rooster

An old Sci-Fi with men in black sunglasses [ 5 Answers ]

I need a title of a movie from 80's, I suppose. There were two men - white and black and they have black sunglasses to discover aliens among people, because without these kind of sunglasses aliens looked like earthlings. I remember that was some TV tower prepared to destroy the earth and a girl...

Swalllowing objects [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 month old golden retriever has swallowed a beer bottle top. Should I wait for it to pass??

Falling objects? [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the ?s hope u can help me guys... A juggler throws a ball up into the air. The ball remains in the air for a time(t) before it runs back into the jugglers hand. 1. With what speed did the juggler throw the ball into the air? (Hint: What is the total displacement of the ball...

View more questions Search