Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMILNE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Holiday Pay
    I have accrued 11 weeks holiday pay over the last Four years , can I cash this money in rather than take the leave.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 05:02 PM

That is up to your company and their printed policies. Do you have an employee handbook? My employer allowed me to either cash in my saved days or to retire early and keep getting paid until the accrued days ran out. Then again, I was the HR director at the time so maybe I got off easy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 05:35 PM

In many companies no, and it is "paid time off" or "vacation" time, holiday pay is pay you get when you take a holiday off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holiday pay [ 5 Answers ]

I worked 40hours paid for 40hours but Pay check stub says work 32hours and 8hours for holiday pay which is I don't get holiday pay, What is the reason for it? Any idea? Thank you

Holiday Pay [ 1 Answers ]

If the company you work for states that "a full time employee may not take the day before or the day after a holiday and expect to get paid" is this legal? And does this apply only to hourly employees or both hourly and salary employees? I realize this may change state to state and this question...

Salary Exempt Holiday/Sick Pay [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Salary Exempt employee. I was provided with two weeks vacation pay, but no personal or sick days. When I have missed work due to illness I have had to use my vacation days to cover the missed time. Is this legal? Also, when the Owner of the company I work for decided to close for the day...

Holiday pay [ 2 Answers ]

If someone asks for vacation, can the company deny the employee to use it on the day they request? Example: I will be out for maternity leave and before returning would like to use vacation time to extend the time I am home. Can the employeer say that they can't give out the vacation or let...

View more questions Search