Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sammielammiejammie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 09:53 AM
    What can be done to help people to eat the right type of food to stay healthy?
    I'm doing a EMS or LO project not sure which one.. and need the answer to this question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 09:59 AM

Hello S:

We can begin by producing ONLY healthy food.

excon
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2010, 01:01 PM

Maybe you can take the analogy of giving a hungry person a fish or teaching that person how to fish. But with all the education out there - the classes on healthy eating, the magazines, the TV shows, the doctor oriented shows, the information on the net - is it too much, not enough, or do people just not listen?

Did you see the news report about obesity in China? Never used to be a problem there. Now it is, especially with the younger generations. McSizing China!

Producing your own food is an excellent way to go. Even if you live in an apartment - you can grow some vegetables. You can buy from a Farmer's Market. You can invest in a Community Garden. Changing the diet to ditch the junk food (although I love Doritos).

I saw Dr. Oz yesterday and he talked about Alzheimer's. He said the country of India has a very low rate of Alzheimer's and he credits that to the diet and use of spices - especially curry.

One has to be willing to change. How do you accomplish that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy/non-fattening food on a budget [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently unemployed and sometimes I don't have food to eat.it seem that the foods that are fattening and not healthy is the cheapest.I started riding my bike to burn calories but the food options are carbs and garbage.sometimes all I can afford is oatmeal.what are some healthy options of food...

Healthy Food [ 5 Answers ]

HI, Please suggest me healthy food for my baby. Thanks

I eat sugar and lose wieght, eat healthy and gain? [ 2 Answers ]

OK don't tll me its not possible because rest assure you its happening to me. I live with my boyfriend. Were young and money is tight... very tight. Sometimes we can afford to go major food shopping sumetimes we cant. We always have food but sometimes its more of junk food. Now I have a HUGE...

Healthy food [ 2 Answers ]

1. Plan a healthy dinner for five of your friends. Consider caloric intake and amount of protein, carbohydrates, fat, and other nutrients that may be considered appropriate for a healthy dinner. 2. Calculate the amount of the total calories for their dinner. 3. One of your dinner guests...

What is more healthy for dog to eat? [ 12 Answers ]

I just watched a documentry on dried dog food, and I'm shocked! Do you know how much processed garbage goes into the food, they get the worst picks of the food, rotton fruit and veggies, end pieces of meat, anything they can't sell for meat goes to pet food. How can people say pet food is...

View more questions Search