Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Help
    Hi I am 16 years old and the last time a did gymnastics was when I was 8 years old, I want to become a gymnastics coach but I feel that I am running out of time what can I do to stay on track.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Dec 14, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Excellent!

I would start looking for ways to volunteer your time at a local gym, High School, or Community Education program.

If you can find a place that is willing to pay you, well of course that is better.

I would suggest shadowing a coach so that you can pick up some experience with technique and pedagogy. Depending on the age group and level of the gymnasts you are working with, you can probably get some practice spotting skills as well.

As you spend more time in the gym you should be able to begin working with more groups.

Start reading some books and magazines on gymnastics to learn some new drills and teaching tips to share with your classes.

You should also consider taking some coaching and safety certification courses as well as CPR and First Aid training.

Be enthusiastic and show how much you are dedicated to the sport.

I have coached for 16 years so you can feel free to come back to the Ask Me Help Desk and ask a few questions from time to time too. :)

Let me know how things work out for you.
    mayo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I would like to now if it is to late for me to hit the gym again. It has been 11 years sense I don't do gymnastics I'm not as flexible as before. Im 18 years old now and my body has changed. I lost my confidence in doing floor skills such as back flips , handstands, etc... What can I do ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Hmmm 2 months ago you were 16.

You don't actually need to do gymnastics to coach. Go for a college degree in Phys Ed.
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Just train a little gymnastics and talk to a few coachs, they will tell you some requirements and places where you can get started
    BTW-How do you get 2 yearz older in 2 months? Are you 16 or 18??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search