Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjuliano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 07:06 PM
    Bought a used couch, they had a cat, we removed all cat hair, but I am getting bites
    Couch is pretty new in excellent condition. We bought on craigs list. They had a cat. After purchased, we bought the "scotch fur fighter" which removed all unseen cat hair.
    Just recently, I am getting bites on my body. We have no pets in the house and have never had a problem before. Is it possible that there is something else imbedded in the couch that we cannot see. And what else can I do eliminate the problem. We are clean freaks, so it has to be this couch. Help?!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 07:17 PM

Could be bed bugs. You'll have to vacuum with a vacuum with a HEPA filter and throw the bag away promptly and wrap the couch with plastic for a week or so.

There are some bed bug agents that can be used.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 8, 2010, 01:38 AM

KISS may be right. Bed bugs are harder to see than fleas and the bites don't itch until later.

Other possibilities would be fleas, which can survive a long time inside their pupal cocoons, or allergens from the fabric or mildews growing on the fabric. Was the previous owner's house very humid?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is peeing on my couch [ 8 Answers ]

My cat is about a year and a half old. She has started peeing on my couch, she uses her litterbox but she pees on my couch about once a week or so. I have heard that putting vinegar on the area will make them stop but it doesn't seem to be working. I am all out of answers and am hoping someone can...

Took in a stray abused cat from outdoors; but cat get it to go in the litter box! [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My roommate and I have recently took in a stray beaten up cat. When she took her to the vet she ended up dropping loads of money on this cat to help her. She has a giant wound, and has a respitory infection, she was very mal nutritioned- she's skin and bones.. the whole nine yards....

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

Long hair cat gets poop matted in his rear and leg hair [ 2 Answers ]

My Ragdoll cat gets poop on the hair of his behind and legs when he squatts to poop. Can the hair be cut to minimize this/ If so can it be cut short or just trimmed a bit with a scissors?

Cat spray on couch [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of the oder from cat spray on my couch?

View more questions Search