Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2010, 06:35 PM

Update.

I have 1.5 weeks left. We made it!

Well... we'll see what happens in the upcoming week, haha.

Her brother leaves for med school on Monday, and her last day at work is Monday as well, so hopefully, this means that we'll get to spend more time together without looking over our shoulders. Literally, while driving, she'll look in her rear view mirror to see if anyone's following.

Some government agency should look into hiring me, as I've learned to now detect being followed/watched, can remember up to 6 - 7 license plates outside a parking structure at a quick glance, and can find secret hiding places. Yes. CIA, I'm ready for you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 07:48 AM

Unfortunately, it had to come to that, looking over your shoulder half the time. But you've done well Sneezy!

I would say that you've become a stronger couple if you can really overcome all these obstacles. So take it as a blessing in disguise!
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 07:02 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm leaving in less than 12 hours.

(insert high school girl giggling) OMG OMG OMG

We thought we'd be out of the woods by now, but nono, fate said no. We were supposed to rent a car together to go to the airport together... but no. Her parents decided they wanted to drive her. HAHAHA... such is life. It's all right though, this gives me time to run some errands... although, renting the car on my own is a bit rough on the broke med student.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    Yes. CIA, I'm ready for you.
    Somewhere, some government search bot just made a file with your sitename on it.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Aug 9, 2010, 07:22 PM

You're such a good sport, Sneezy, and I truly do hope your girlfriend sees what a rare gem you are for hanging on:) I wish you luck in school and all the best... keep us posted:)
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Crap. Now they have mine... ;)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 09:18 PM

Slap me, but you guys go to the same medical school right? So you can see each other all the time?
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Slap me, but you guys go to the same medical school right? So you can see each other all the time?
    Yep!
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowburn View Post
    You're such a good sport, Sneezy, and I truly do hope your gf sees what a rare gem you are for hanging on:) I wish you luck in school and all the best...keep us posted:)
    ... I hope so, because this trip was NOT cheap. Still mad about all the money I spent here. GAR.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 10:23 PM

What did we do before computers?
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 10:26 PM

Regular mail.

Telegram.

Pony express.

Smoke signal.

Point and UGG.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Regular mail.

Telegram.

Pony express.

Smoke signal.

Point and UGG.
    You forgot, communicate face to face.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vanheart View Post
    What did we do before computers?
    We saw naked women from the PB mags under the mattresses of friends bigger brothers, we learned how to fix things by buying buddies a 12 pack and giving them dinner, and we played games with cards at tables with real people present.

Love the info off the internet. Its awesome.

Dislike people sitting in the same room focused on tabs and new posts and pms and ims and skype and crap.

Its awesome and its fubared.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 10:53 PM

I agree.

My brother (17 years old) and his friends will be sitting across from one another at a restaurant, texting one another.

I look at him, and say, "You DO realize that I PAY for your phone bill?"

He doesn't say one word. Doesn't even look at me. My phone goes "blip."

I look down, it says, "YEP."

I think that just cost me $0.10
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 10:56 PM

"we saw naked women from the PB mags under the mattresses of friends bigger brothers, we learned how to fix things by buying buddies a 12 pack and giving them dinner, and we played games with cards at tables with real people present."

Ahh, the good old days...
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 11:00 PM

People just don't know how to interact with people without having some sort of gadget to do it for them.

Not only is communication going downhill, if it hasn't already hit the bottom, but so has spelling, education, all because of texting, allowing children to have their cell phones at school, computers, you name it.

I agree with KP, love that I have information at my fingertips. I remember when I met hubby, the actual night I met him, I gave him a ride to his house, he said something, it reminded me of a TV show, Designing Women. I could remember the names of 3 of the characters, but I couldn't remember the fourth to save my life and I couldn't let it go. The whole drive home I'm racking my brain trying to remember. He probably thought I was nuts, but it all worked out in the end. ;)

Nowadays I wouldn't have to remember, I'd just go home, Google "Designing Women" and voilą. All my questions answered, no more sleepless nights trying to remember things.

Why am I telling you all this?

Never mind. I guess I shouldn't complain, after all, we're all talking on an internet site. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 11:09 PM

Yesterday, I googled "how to get your finger unstuck from your nose" with one hand.

Ah... technology...
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 11:14 PM
    Yesterday, I googled "how to get your finger unstuck from your nose" with one hand.

Ah...technology...
    You're so silly. Tis why I adore you.

Ya, I said it, but it may be the beer talking. :o

::burp::

By the way, isn't it like 3am for you? Don't you need some sleep young man? Don't make me go all mom on your a$$.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 11:15 PM

Ah...technology...
    Darwin rolls over in his grave
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 11:21 PM

Good thing it was just your nose...

Share that silliness with your girl.

Enjoy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm stuck [ 23 Answers ]

Okay... Hello all, I have been a member for a few months now, and have grown to like everyone one here.. I usually help those who need it when it comes to relationships. I'de like to think that I give pretty good advice, however, I am now on here to seek knowledge. So with that being said here...

Stuck in between [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 33 year old and stuck between these two girls, First one is my first love which I know for over 17 years. We had a 5-6 years stable relationship which was then ended by her. However, we never got apart. We were always good friends and even joined for couple of times. We managed to...

Stuck Between The Two [ 56 Answers ]

So I have been dating my current boyfriend for 6 going on 7 months now and I love him and enjoy being with him.. we went to high school together and he wants to have a family with me one day... byt on the other hand he's very secretive and we have had a lot of arguments over his so called best...

I'm Stuck [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... I have never asked anyone for help with this stupid situation I have got myself STUCK in. Well I have been with this guy for five years. After the third year the loving, happy, and fun man I was with wasn't so loving, happy or fun anymore. He went through a bad injury at work and was left...

I'm stuck [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I want to move on, but I don't. I'm very torn. The feelings I have for my ex still remain, and while I know these won't just disappear, I no longer want to feel miserable. It's been 2 months since we split. We've spoken since, where she has said (on separate occasions) that she...

View more questions Search