Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CallofDutyQueen100 Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Is It Normal For A Teenage Girl To Love Playing Bloody & Gory Video Games??
    Ok. Hi again. Is it normal or OK for a teenage girl (me) to love playing bloody gory video games? Like Zombie games and shooting games? Also, is it normal or OK for a teenage girl (me) to love watching bloody zombie games and laugh at them when all the people around me are cringing? For example is Resident Evil when the people are getting diced into pieces and my friends are gaging and cringing I'm laughing at how slow the people are to dodge it. I'm just wondering if it's OK and/or normal for a teenage girl to love bloody gory video games and laugh during horror movies like they're a comedy?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 12:33 PM

I don't like them... but a lot of teenage girls play them.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CallofDutyQueen100 View Post
    Ok. Hi again. Is it normal or ok for a teenage girl (me) to love playing bloody gory video games? Like Zombie games and shooting games? Also, is it normal or ok for a teenage girl (me) to love watching bloody zombie games and laugh at them when all the people around me are cringing? For example is Resident Evil when the people are getting diced into pieces and my friends are gaging and cringing I'm laughing at how slow the people are to dodge it. I'm just wondering if it's ok and/or normal for a teenage girl to love bloody gory video games and laugh during horror movies like they're a comedy?
    I do because the gore is just so FAKE sometimes. I love horror movies and gore. I absolutely LOVE Resident Evil by the way. It's just your stuff to your taste. There is nothing wrong with it. Even my mum likes the games. My two best female friends love gore movies and games too.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 12:44 PM

Well, I don't see a problem with you laughing at how dumb it can be sometimes if that's what you mean. If you mean you enjoy watching people suffer and it is something you want to partake in then yes I see that as a problem.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 7, 2010, 12:53 PM

I know a lot of young girls and women who like blood and gore. I don't care for it myself. I also know young girls who pretend they like it to hide the fear they have of them or to get attention.
    If you see it for what it is and laugh at the phoniness of it OK. If you just enjoy seeing people get hurt, I'd give that one some thought.
    I have the feeling you are trying to measure yourself by other people. Stop it!
    My daughter was a tomboy, never played with dolls was as good at sports as any boy her age. That is just who she was. Some boys loved that about her, some were intimidated. You have to be yourself. Learn to like yourself.
    If you hate who you are, it's not likely others will like you.
    CallofDutyQueen100 Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Thanks guys! I was just wondering because all my friends like freak out when I talk about stuff like that. Like "OMG Resident Evil 4 is coming out!!" They all like cringe and stuff. Anyway, thnaks :D
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Thanks guys! I was just wondering because all my friends like freak out when I talk about stuff like that. Like "OMG Resident Evil 4 is coming out!!" They all like cringe and stuff. Anyway, thnaks :D

My youngest and her college friends played some of those games on Friday nights in her dorm. Lot of girls. When the game they were playing showed a zombie bite somebodies head off... I was out of there.:eek:
    Tinkerz Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2010, 06:03 PM

Don't worry about it, I'm a girl and I do the same, I think it's probably just squeamishness, and you don't have it :)
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerz View Post
    Don't worry about it, I'm a girl and I do the same, I think it's probably just squeamishness, and you don't have it :)

Be you! I use to play Pac Man with my kids... Had a dream that little yellow sucker was chasing me one night.:eek: You're doing what you like to do. :)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 02:27 PM
    Its OK to like those types of games. Most of the FPS ones out there include some type of gore. Others are more into playing with your mind like F.E.A.R.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 02:55 PM

My youngest daughter will rival your screen name! Who knows, you may have already played with or against her... :)
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 03:12 PM

As I said my yougest daughter just graduated College and she and her friends love that stuff.
    Enjoy yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound while watching television.sound when playing video games [ 4 Answers ]

I have no Idea what the problem could be, but if I try to watch television, which is cable, I cannot hear the sound on the television, but If I play video games, then you can hear the sound perfectly... So, it cannot be a problem with the speakers inside the television.. Could it be the cable? What...

Ex girl playing games or not [ 2 Answers ]

What to about an ex-girlfriend who I know still loves me a whole lot, and I would love to have her back in my life even though I considered her the anit=christ for all the BS she did to me after we broke up. She brings it to me but then it seems like to me she is playing games. I think she is...

Does he really love me, or is he playing sex games? [ 2 Answers ]

well I've looked through some posts and been very shocked to discover how myself and a poster called goldengirl1 have been through such a similar situation. It actually freaked me out a little, but its got its differences, hence the reason I've created my own post, I've read the comments and taken...

80's kid show.kids playing video games. [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone remember the name of the late 70's/early 80's kid show where kids would compete against each other playing video games... I think it was on Saturday mornings.

Mixed signals from this girl. Do all pretty girls love to play games? [ 2 Answers ]

This girl has sent me mixed signals for awhile. I met her in business school a few months ago (she was 1st yr, I was 2nd yr) and I helped her with career interview prep. Her body language was always a little innocent, nervous and curious about me, but she did mention her BF (who lives in a...

View more questions Search