Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aknowledgeseeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Educational Grants for Released Convicts
    I am wanting to know how to go about getting information on any grants or scholarship programs that may be available for people recently released from prison. With all of the "bail out" money being so recklessly given away, surely there is something available for someone who wants to better themselves after prison.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2010, 12:50 PM

There are plenty of grants available to those seeking education. As an excon, you may even be eligible for some of them still - depends on the grant and the conviction (some federal grants are not available to those with drug charges, if I remember correctly). There are none, however, specifically earmarked for ex-convicts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Provided educational services, $125, to K.Thorne in exchange for educational supplies [ 1 Answers ]

On the general ledger "provided educational services, $125, to K.Thorne in exchange for educational supplies" does this go under fees earned or accts receivable? Debit or credit?

Education Grants for Ex Convicts [ 6 Answers ]

I was stupid back in 1988 and enetered into a tech school after serving 3.5 years in a Texas prison. The school knew I was just out and never bothered to tell me my degree would be no good due to my criminal history. Now I am stuck with major Student loan. Is their anybody that may know of a...

School grants in Arizona for ex-convicts [ 0 Answers ]

I was released from Arizona State Prision 11/2009 I have been trying to find a job without success, because of the current job market I haven't had any luck. However I have also been attending MCC, where I have earned a B average this first semester. I have decided I would like to attend school...

Grants for Convicts/Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for ex-convicts/felons for education, starting businesses and for housing?

Countries that do not allow Ex-convicts [ 4 Answers ]

What countries do not allow ex-convicts to enter through their customs despite having a valid USA passport? I have heard some countries like Cananda will not let you in their country despite being off parole or probation. Is there a website or listing of countries that will not allow me to travel...

View more questions Search