Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrbradley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 04:41 PM
    50 Amp gfci breaker how to measure total amps
    I measure the amps on the 50 amp breaker the black wire measures 23.5 and the red wire measures 23.2 do I add these together or is the spa pulling 23.5 amps?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 04:47 PM

If there was a white, it would measure 0.3 A, but I'll bet there isn't and your within the error bars of the measuring system.

Call it 23.5 A and use the error bars of the instrument.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can 20 amps breaker pull 15 amp air condition [ 3 Answers ]

My air condition says it need a 15 amp break but my breaker is 20 amp but it keeps throwing the break why is that

My microwave is rated 12.7 amps and it blows the 15 amp breaker when it is on. [ 2 Answers ]

If it is on for short times, there is no problem but over 2 minutes is sure to break the circuit. There are other plugs on the same circuit but they are not in use. Can I replace the breaker with a 20 amp circuit?

Underfloor heating 15 amp GFCI to 30 amp breaker [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed a 240v flextherm heating cable under a floor hoping to use existing 240v. Heating circuit to power it. There are 2 other baseboards on this circuit GFCI thermostat for floor is rated for 15 amp and heating circuit is on 30 amp breaker. I am not getting any power through the GFCI...

15 amp GFCI breaker popping [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a GFCI breaker that pops when we vacuum in any room in the back of the house. Since we could be using 4 different plugs that pop the same breaker, would you start with the breaker? Also, would it be unwise to go to a 20 amp GFCI breaker :eek: ? Thanks Scott

Breaker Box Amps rating & Number of breakers installed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question in regards to amps allowed in a breaker box. My breaker box has a label stating that the box has a maximum load of 200 amps, but that it is convertible. I really don't know what the convertible part means. If I look at the breakers installed, these add way more than 200 amps. ...

View more questions Search